Given an integer N ≥ 1, the task is to find the smallest and the largest sum of two N digit numbers.
Input: N = 1
Largest = 18
Smallest = 0
Largest 1-digit number is 9 and 9 + 9 = 18
Smallest 1-digit number is 0 and 0 + 0 = 0
Input: N = 2
Largest = 198
Smallest = 20
- For largest: The answer will be 2 * (10N – 1) because the series of sum of two n digit numbers will go on like 2 * 9, 2 * 99, 2 * 999, …
- For smallest:
- If N = 1 then the answer will be 0.
- If N > 1 then the answer will be 2 * (10N – 1) because the series of sum of two n digit numbers will go on like 0, 20, 200, 2000, …
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Largest = 19998 Smallest = 2000
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Sum and product of k smallest and k largest prime numbers in the array
- Sum and product of k smallest and k largest composite numbers in the array
- Largest and Smallest N-digit Hexadecimal Numbers
- Largest and Smallest N-digit Octal Numbers
- Nth term of a sequence formed by sum of current term with product of its largest and smallest digit
- Smallest and Largest N-digit number starting and ending with N
- Print numbers such that no two consecutive numbers are co-prime and every three consecutive numbers are co-prime
- Split the number into N parts such that difference between the smallest and the largest part is minimum
- Smallest and Largest N-digit perfect cubes
- Smallest and Largest Palindrome with N Digits
- Smallest and Largest N-digit perfect squares
- Largest and smallest digit of a number
- Queries for the smallest and the largest prime number of given digit
- Smallest string without any multiplication sign that represents the product of two given numbers
- Largest palindrome which is product of two n-digit numbers
- Largest of two distinct numbers without using any conditional statements or operators
- Largest palindrome which is product of two N-digit numbers : Set 2
- Form smallest number using indices of numbers chosen from Array with sum less than S
- Sum of largest divisor of numbers upto N not divisible by given prime number P
- Largest number less than N with digit sum greater than the digit sum of N
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.