Simultaneous Software Testing
Simultaneous Testing is a type of software testing which is basically focused on testing software, systems and applications that use simultaneous computing. Like the other software testing techniques the main purpose of simultaneous testing is to discover the behavior and performance of the software, system and application that uses simultaneous computing.
Simultaneous testing is a type of testing that is performed to identify the defects in a software, system and application when multiple users login to the respective application. It helps in identifying and measuring the problems in system parameters such as response time, throughput, deadlock occurrence or any other issues related simultaneously. In simultaneous testing the effect is monitored while multiple users perform the same action at the same time.
Simultaneous Testing is also called multi-user testing.
Objectives of Simultaneous Testing:
The objective of Simultaneous testing is:
- To identify the effect of accessing same code in application at the same time by multi-user.
- To detect the defects in software system or application while multiple users are logged in.
- To improve the reliability of concurrent programming.
- To improve the robustness of the concurrent programming.
Simultaneous Testing Techniques:
Following are the different techniques used for simultaneous testing:
- Single Time Test Execution:
This is considered not the effective technique for concurrent testing. Specially in non-deterministic systems this technique is ineffective and is just like testing a non-concurrent program.
- Multi-time Test Execution:
It is considered to be effective in finding the defects in non-deterministic systems.
- Deterministic Technique:
This technique is used to test the system in a special state so that code can be executed easily. It is different form above two techniques.
- Reachability Technique:
This techniques is used to test synchronized combinations of sequences for a specified input and it is basically for non-deterministic systems.
- Structured Technique:
This is a structural technique for code analysis and this is different from above mentioned techbniques.
- Multi-user Technique:
This techniques is used to test the concurrent program by checking the multiple user login serving different or same tasks simultaneously.
Advantages of Simultaneous Testing:
- It reduces the effort required to test a software system or an application.
- It helps in discover the behavior of a program.
- It helps in improving the reliability of concurrent programs.
- It helps in improving the robustness of concurrent programs.
Disadvantages of Simultaneous Testing:
- Simultaneous Testing requires more intensive tests.
- In Simultaneous Testing methods do not return the result the values immediately which makes testing difficult.
- In Simultaneous Testing multiple platforms are needed.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.