Create a simple calculator which can perform basic arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division depending upon the user input in Bash.
Enter two numbers: 5.6 3.4 Enter Choice: 1. Addition 2. Subtraction 3. Multiplication 4. Division 3 5.6 * 3.4 = 19.0
1. Read Two Numbers 2. Input Choice (1-Addition, 2-Subtraction, 3-Multiplication, 4-Division) 3. if Choice equals 1 Calculate res = a + b else If Choice equals 2 Calculate res = a - b else if Choice equals 3 Calculate res = a * b else if Choice equals 4 Calculate res = a / b 4. Output Result, res
echo is one of the mostly used command.
It is used to print a line of text in standard output.
$ echo [-neE] [arg ...]
The command read in the Linux is used to read the input from the keyboard.
When there are a lot of if statement in Shell and it becomes confusing. Then it is good to use case statement.
4. bc Command
Checkout the link for bc Command bc Command Linux Example
- Average of given numbers in Bash
- Fibonacci Series in Bash
- Bash program to find A to the power B
- Programs for printing different patterns in Bash
- Useful and time saving bash commands in Linux
- Sorting an array in Bash using Bubble sort
- Bash program to check if the Number is a Palindrome
- Bash Script to get Low Battery Alert in Linux
- Bash program to check if the Number is a Prime or not
- Bash shell script to swap two numbers
- Bash shell script to find sum of digits
- Write a bash script to print a particular line from a file
- How to Fix Minimal BASH Like Line Editing is Supported GRUB Error In Linux?
- Bash shell script to find out the largest value from given command line arguments
- Scientific Calculator Using awk Command in Linux
- Dockerizing a simple Django app
- How to start nmap and run a simple scan ?
- Compile our own Android Kernel in 5 Simple Steps