SignalChip Interview Experience
- Aptitude Test
- We had to select any 2 out of Signal Processing, Digital Design, Analog Design, and C programming. I selected Digital Design and C programming.
Note: I am CS student so I wasn’t asked any electronics questions.
- C program for the longest palindrome in a string.
- Puzzle: Given 2 ropes of length 100m and 50m, you need to climb down 175m height. There are 2 hooks, one at the top and one at 75m from the top where the rope can be tied.
- On a 32-bit system, write a program for 32-bit integer multiplication. The result should be stored in a structure, (64-bit integer can’t be stored in a word).
- Given 2 strings check if one string is a rotation of the other.
Eg: abcdef and fabcde are rotations of each other.
- The maximum digit should be brought to the greatest place in the number and the entire number should be put after the decimal point.
eg: 2687, generate the number 0.8267
Here I had to give a detailed explanation of my solutions and attempt to optimize them.
Round 4: Based on the resume, few questions were asked on my projects.
Then I was asked questions on computer architecture:
- Explain the various factors influencing the performance of a chip.
- Explain memory hierarchy and some cache optimizations.
- What are the different types of threads present in a system?
- Explain hyperthreading.
From compiler design:
- Explain the stages of a compiler.
- Explain how tokens are generated.
- Is a tree generated during Lexical analysis?
Round 5: Seemed like an HR round, I was asked
- Why I wanted to work at SignalChip despite being from CS background
- In which part would I be interested in working in.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...