ServiceNow Interview Experience | On-Campus for Associate Software Engineer
Round-1 : (90 Minutes)
It was an online exam, consisting of 15 MCQs and 1 coding question. MCQs were based on the basics of DSA, OOPs, DBMS, OS, C Fundamentals, and Java Fundamentals. The MCQs were easy but required high accuracy in order to clear this round.
25 students were shortlisted after this round.
Round-2: (Approx 1 hr)
- The interviewer began by asking to explain any one of my projects.
- Then he asked me to solve 2 questions on DSA.
- First was https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/segregate-0s-and-1s-in-an-array-by-traversing-array-once/.
- The second was https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-for-balanced-parentheses-in-an-expression/.
Round-3: (Approx 1 hr)
- First I was asked to state the 3 pillars of OOPS and then was asked about polymorphism.
- Followed by https://leetcode.com/problems/best-time-to-buy-and-sell-stock/.
- Then he asked me to design a parking lot system. Design patterns which I’ll use and what classes I’ll make were to be thoroughly explained.
Round-4: (Approx 1.5 hr)
- This was a managerial round (Technical+ HR).
- He asked me to explain function overloading and overriding with writing some example codes. Then he asked about synchronization and moved to DSA.
- He asked about various ways to represent a binary tree and then asked me to code an efficient implementation of a binary tree. Then he told me to write a code for traversing the tree and if a prime number is found in any node, remove it and replace it with the larger child’s value and do this recursively.
- After that question, he asked me to design a database for a website that will consist of different websites listed and a user will come and rate the websites. Also, there would be a discussion thread that would follow a rating.
Overall, the interviewers were really nice. They made me really comfortable and were positive throughout the interview. They also kept giving some hints in between.
Finally, 6 students were selected, and I was one of them 🙂