ServiceNow Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | On-Campus 2022
Round 1(Online Test on HackerRank): It consisted of 15 MCQs and one coding question. MCQs were based on DSA, DBMS, OS.
Coding question: Count distinct pairs with given sum: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-distinct-pairs-with-given-sum/
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 2(Technical Round – 1): The interviewer was very friendly. The interview started with a brief, self-introduction, which was followed by, an in-depth discussion on my projects, Certifications/ Specializations. The interviewer then asked me to open an IDE and code the following:
- Nearest(Smallest absolute difference) Palindrome for the given number: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/closest-palindrome-number-whose-absolute-difference-min/
- Longest Palindromic Substring(With Constant Extra Space): https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/longest-palindromic-substring-set-2/
- Top view of a Binary Tree: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-nodes-top-view-binary-tree/
This was followed by some questions on XML, XSLT, XSD. The interview concluded with questions on Procedures, Cursors, Triggers in SQL, and a few basic OOPs concepts.
Round 3( Technical Round – 2): The interview started with My self-introduction, which was followed by an in-depth explanation of my Full stack project, with Data flow, Database Schema, Class diagrams, ER diagrams. The interviewer then shared a Collab link where I had to code the following:
- First and Last Index of an element in a sorted array: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-first-and-last-positions-of-an-element-in-a-sorted-array/
- Sieve of Eratosthenes: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/sieve-of-eratosthenes/. Follow up: Improve time complexity from O(Nlog(log(N)) to O(N) : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/sieve-eratosthenes-0n-time-complexity/
- Wildcard pattern matching: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/wildcard-pattern-matching/
Round 4( Hiring Manager Round): The interview started with questions on my resume. This was followed by a system design question:
LinkedIn System Design, with the following:
- Functional and Non-functional requirements.
- Bandwidth Estimation.
- Detailed Component design.
- Database Schema, Data flow, API calls, Load balancing.
- Implementing features like Getting Suggested Connections, User Feed, etc(Code with appropriate classes, along with Database connectivity).
- Performance: Caching.
- Scalability, Security.
- Exception handling, Multithreading.
- Challenges faced during projects and how they were resolved.
- What makes the projects different from existing ones and future scope.
- Short-term and Long-term goals.