Service Now Interview Experience (Off-Campus)
Round 1(Online Assessment): The test was for around 75mins. It consisted of one coding question and 15mcqs. MCQs were based on OS, DBMS, DSA, and output-based questions involving pointers. The coding question was of medium level. As far as I remember, the question was as follows:
- Given multiple flasks with different capacities, we had to find one flask that would satisfy the requirement with minimum wastage. If no flask can satisfy the requirement, then the output is -1.
Round 2 (Technical Interview 1) (Duration 50 mins):
- Explain your 8th-semester project. (flow of the project, technologies, and algorithms you are using).
- Asked me to show a demo of one of my projects and explain its functionalities.
- Given an array, separate the positive and negative numbers, put them in two different arrays, and print it.
- Balanced parentheses: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-for-balanced-parentheses-in-an-expression/
- Output-Based questions In Java: I was given a code snippet. To answer this question, one has to have knowledge about default and parameterized constructors in Java.
- Initial values of Wrapper classes in Java
- Explain OOPS concepts with examples.
- Is Multiple Inheritance possible in Java or not.
- What are interfaces and why do you use them? (Follow up on the previous question)
- Given an array consisting of 0’s and other integers, rearrange the array in such a way that zeroes are pushed to the end of the array and the non-zero integers are in sorted order.
- Explain all the data structures you know along with their practical applications.
- Difference between truncate and delete command.
Round 3(Technical Interview 2) (Duration 50 mins):
- Asked me about my 8th-semester project. (Algorithm, it’s different from already existing projects, a lot of questions on data set generation).
- Explain any of your favorite projects. (I spoke about my full stack web development project)
- Draw the ER diagram for your project. What are the different kinds of relationships used?
- Three main learnings from this project.
- Asked me about the tech stack and why I have chosen it.
- Implement subscribe and unsubscribe of an event in Reactjs.
- Tell me about function and class-based components in Reactjs.
- Explain mounting using the useEffect() hook in Reactjs.
- What is a deadlock? What are the algorithms for avoiding a deadlock?
- Conditions for the deadlock to occur.
- What is thrashing in OS?
- What is virtual memory?
- Write a program to reverse a linked list. Dry run of the code on a linked list. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/reverse-a-linked-list/
Round 4(Hiring Manager Round):
- Tell me about yourself.
- My hobbies and some questions about them also.
- What do you know about the security of websites?
- What is indexing? What does it help in? Any disadvantage of using indices?
- How has lockdown impacted you?
- Where do you see yourself after one year?
- What do you know about service now?
- What is IaaS, PaaS, SaaS? Give an example of each of them.
- What do you know about code management?
- What is transaction management? Explain a bit about it.
- Some scenario-based questions just to check how I deal with difficult situations.
- Do you have any questions for me?
- The interviewers were very interactive and friendly. It was great fun.