Server-side Programming :
It is the program that runs on server dealing with the generation of content of web page.
1) Querying the database
2) Operations over databases
3) Access/Write a file on server.
4) Interact with other servers.
5) Structure web applications.
6) Process user input. For example if user input is a text in search box, run a search algorithm on data stored on server and send the results.
The Programming languages for server-side programming are :
3) Java and JSP
5) Ruby on Rails
Refer PHP articles for example server side codes.
Client-side Programming :
It is the program that runs on the client machine (browser) and deals with the user interface/display and any other processing that can happen on client machine like reading/writing cookies.
1) Interact with temporary storage
2) Make interactive web pages
3) Interact with local storage
4) Sending request for data to server
5) Send request to server
6) work as an interface between server and user
The Programming languages for client-side programming are :
This article is contributed by Paduchuri Manideep. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Client-Server Model
- How to set alternate content for users that do not support client-side scripts ?
- How to create a client-side image-map in HTML5 ?
- Difference Between Web server and Application server
- Difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache web server
- How to get the MAC and IP address of a connected client in PHP?
- Node.js Server Side Rendering (SSR) using EJS
- How to specify an image as a server-side image-map in HTML ?
- PHP | Determining Client IP Address
- HTTP status codes | Client Error Responses
- How to place two div side-by-side of the same height using CSS?
- How to float three div side by side using CSS?
- How to place SVG icons on a round circle side by side to another div using Bootstrap?
- Create a web server and run PHP script on it using Raspberry Pi
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server
- Web Server and Its Type
- How to choose Web Hosting Server and Web Domain ?