Given two strings ‘X’ and ‘Y’, print the longest common sub-string.
Input : X = "GeeksforGeeks", Y = "GeeksQuiz" Output : Geeks Input : X = "zxabcdezy", Y = "yzabcdezx" Output : abcdez
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Print the longest common substring link. We will solve problem in python using SequenceMatcher.find_longest_match() method.
How SequenceMatcher.find_longest_match(aLow,aHigh,bLow,bHigh) method works ?
First we initialize SequenceMatcher object with two input string str1 and str2, find_longest_match(aLow,aHigh,bLow,bHigh) takes 4 parameters aLow, bLow are start index of first and second string respectively and aHigh, bHigh are length of first and second string respectively. find_longest_match() returns named tuple (i, j, k) such that a[i:i+k] is equal to b[j:j+k], if no blocks match, this returns (aLow, bLow, 0).
- Longest Common Substring | DP-29
- Print the longest common substring
- Longest Common Substring in an Array of Strings
- Longest common substring in binary representation of two numbers
- Longest Common Substring (Space optimized DP solution)
- Python | Find longest consecutive letter and digit substring
- Check if two strings have a common substring
- Longest substring of vowels
- Longest Non-palindromic substring
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 1
- Longest substring with count of 1s more than 0s
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 2
- Length of the longest valid substring
- Longest equal substring with cost less than K
- Longest Even Length Substring such that Sum of First and Second Half is same
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.