Given two strings ‘X’ and ‘Y’, print the longest common sub-string.
Input : X = "GeeksforGeeks", Y = "GeeksQuiz" Output : Geeks Input : X = "zxabcdezy", Y = "yzabcdezx" Output : abcdez
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Print the longest common substring link. We will solve problem in python using SequenceMatcher.find_longest_match() method.
How SequenceMatcher.find_longest_match(aLow,aHigh,bLow,bHigh) method works ?
First we initialize SequenceMatcher object with two input string str1 and str2, find_longest_match(aLow,aHigh,bLow,bHigh) takes 4 parameters aLow, bLow are start index of first and second string respectively and aHigh, bHigh are length of first and second string respectively. find_longest_match() returns named tuple (i, j, k) such that a[i:i+k] is equal to b[j:j+k], if no blocks match, this returns (aLow, bLow, 0).
- Longest Common Substring | DP-29
- Print the longest common substring
- Longest Common Substring in an Array of Strings
- Longest Common Substring (Space optimized DP solution)
- Longest common substring in binary representation of two numbers
- Python | Find longest consecutive letter and digit substring
- Check if two strings have a common substring
- Longest substring with count of 1s more than 0s
- Longest substring of vowels
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 2
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 1
- Longest Non-palindromic substring
- Length of the longest substring with equal 1s and 0s
- Longest Even Length Substring such that Sum of First and Second Half is same
- Length of the longest valid substring
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.