If you are running any python script and want to send regular updates from your script to mobile phone through SMS, you can use SinchSMS API to send SMS.
Create a app on Sinch and get the key and secret of the app and use these credentials in the following script to send SMS to your mobile.
Limitation of Sinch :
If you don’t have any credits(you have to pay for credits), you can only send SMS to the registered mobile numbers on Sinch.
You can use way2sms to send sms to any number(I will be discussing how to use way2sms in another article), but without purchased credits, on way2sms also, you can’t send more than 100 SMS per day.
For execution of script, edit the number, app_key and app_secret fields and then simply run the script.
Exercise : Create a python script which updates you on your mobile phone if price of a particular product lowers down to certain price on amazon.com
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Send SMS using Twilio
- How to send SMS alert using Python and MSG91 API
- Send Text messages to any mobile number using Fast2SMS API in Python
- Do You Know That Google’s Latest Phone is Not a Smart Phone?
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Sending SMS using NEXMO API in Node.js
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Send message to FB friend using Python
- Send mail with attachment from your Gmail account using Python
- Send message to Telegram user using Python
- Send Direct Message On Instagram using Selenium in Python
- Get Phone Number Information using Python
- Converting a 10 digit phone number to US format using Regex in Python
- Send PDF File through Email using pdf-mail module
- Corona Virus Live Updates for India - Using Python
- Creating a Keras Callback to send notifications on WhatsApp
- Implement a Phone Directory
- Getting Started with Cross-Platform Mobile Application using Flutter
- How Google Updates Itself!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.