Send message to Telegram user using Python
Have you ever wondered how people do automation on Telegram? You may know that Telegram has a big user base and so it is one of the preferred social media to read people. What good thing about Telegram is that it provides a bunch of API’s methods, unlike Whatsapp which restricts such things. So in this post, we will be sharing how to send messages to a Telegram user using Python.
First, create a bot using Telegram BotFather. To create a BotFather follow the below steps –
- Open the telegram app and search for @BotFather.
- Click on the start button or send “/start”.
- Then send “/newbot” message to set up a name and a username.
- After setting name and username BotFather will give you an API token which is your bot token.
Then create an app on the telegram. Follow the below steps –
- Log into the telegram core: https://my.telegram.org
- Go to ‘API development tools’ and fill out the form.
- You will get the api_id and api_hash parameters required for user authorization.
You need several Python library imports for the script functioning.
- telebot: To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install telebot
- telethon: To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install telethon
Below is the implementation.