Given a Linked List of integers. The task is to write a program to modify the linked list such that all even numbers appear before all the odd numbers in the modified linked list. It is not needed to keep the order of even and odd nodes same as that of the original list, the task is just to rearrange the nodes such that all even valued nodes appear before the odd valued nodes.
Input: 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 10 -> NULL
Output: 10 -> 8 -> 6 -> 4 -> 2 -> 1 -> 3 -> 5 -> 7 -> 9 -> NULL
Input: 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> NULL
Output: 2 -> 4 -> 3 -> 1 -> NULL
The idea is to iteratively push all the elements of the linked list to deque as per the below conditions:
- Start traversing the linked list and if an element is even then push it to the front of the Deque and,
- If the element is odd then push it to the back of the Deque.
Finally, replace all elements of the linked list with the elements of Deque starting from the first element.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Given linked list: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 After rearrangement: 10 8 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 9
Time complexity: O(N)
Auxiliary Space: O(N), where N is the total number of nodes in the linked list.
- Segregate even and odd nodes in a Linked List
- Implementation of Deque using doubly linked list
- Splitting starting N nodes into new Circular Linked List while preserving the old nodes
- Append odd position nodes in reverse at the end of even positioned nodes in a Linked List
- Construct a Maximum Sum Linked List out of two Sorted Linked Lists having some Common nodes
- Delete N nodes after M nodes of a linked list
- Linked List Sum of Nodes Between 0s
- Sum of the alternate nodes of linked list
- Find the sum of last n nodes of the given Linked List
- Sum of the nodes of a Singly Linked List
- Linked List Product of Nodes Between 0s
- Sum of all odd frequency nodes of the Linked List
- Sum and Product of all the nodes which are less than K in the linked list
- Sum of all distinct nodes in a linked list
- Find sum of even and odd nodes in a linked list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.