There are N boys which are to be seated around a round table. The task is to find the number of ways in which N boys can sit around a round table such that two particular boys sit together.
Input: N = 5
2 boy can be arranged in 2! ways and other boys
can be arranged in (5 – 1)! (1 is subtracted because the
previously selected two boys will be considered as a single boy now)
So, total ways are 2! * 4! = 48.
Input: N = 9
- First, 2 boys can be arranged in 2! ways.
- No. of ways to arrange remaining boys and the previous two boy pair is (n – 1)!.
- So, Total ways = 2! * (n – 1)!.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Seating arrangement of n boys and girls alternatively around a round table
- Possible arrangement of persons waiting to sit in a hall
- Minimum jumps required to make a group of persons sit together
- Permutations to arrange N persons around a circular table
- Arrangement of the characters of a word such that all vowels are at odd places
- Total number of ways to place X and Y at n places such that no two X are together
- Puzzle | Neighbors in a round table
- Number of ways to arrange a word such that no vowels occur together
- Number of ways to arrange a word such that all vowels occur together
- Maximum height of triangular arrangement of array values
- Arrangement of words without changing the relative position of vowel and consonants
- Distance Traveled by Two Trains together in the same Direction
- Probability of not getting two consecutive heads together in N tosses of coin
- Multiplication table till N rows where every Kth row is table of K upto Kth term
- Calculate Stirling numbers which represents the number of ways to arrange r objects around n different circles
- Length of rope tied around three equal circles touching each other
- Count n digit numbers not having a particular digit
- Count the number of occurrences of a particular digit in a number
- Total ways of selecting a group of X men from N men with or without including a particular man
- Check whether an array of strings can correspond to a particular number X
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.