Screen Density is a calculation of the proportion of display character positions on the screen or an area of the screen containing something.
There are Two types of Screen Density as following.
- Overall density of screen :
The overall density of screen is measure by the percentage positions of a character on the overall screen.
- Local density of screen :
Local density is a measure of how “tightly packed” the screen is at a specific region of the screen.
Let’s consider the Text using Space i, e unordered.
In this case: overall density will be 13% (13 lines) so much space is used.
Let consider the data in this screen.
In this case, overall density will be 5% (5 lines) so 8 lines space is reduced. So this screen is best.
- Screen Navigation :
Screen Navigation can be made by grouping and aligning screen controls, and judiciously using line borders to guide the eyes.
- Typography :
Typography means typeface. It is the name of font type, such as times new roman, arial, verdana, or Helvetica.
- Functionalities of event-trapping menus :
- They may immediately change some parameter in the current environment.
- They may take the user out of the current environment to perform a function.
- Without leaving the current environment.
- They may exit the current environment and allow the user to move to a totally new environment.
- Guidelines to provide consistency in menu :
- Formatting, including organization, presentation, and choice ordering.
- Phrasing, including titles, choice descriptions, and instructions.
- Choice selection methods.
- Navigation schemes.
- Visibility is good.
- Friendly interface.
- The interface is good to understand.
- Memory is less.
- Efficient screen and Achieve clarity.
- Web design applications.