Scrapy – Sending an E-mail
Scrapy provides its own facility for sending e-mails which is extremely easy to use, and it’s implemented using Twisted non-blocking IO, to avoid interfering with the non-blocking IO of the crawler. This article discusses how mail can be sent using scrapy.
For this MailSender class needs to imported from scrapy and then a dedicated function with correct parameters needs to be called to successfully send a mail.
- MailSender() is used to setup the mailer.
classscrapy.mail.MailSender(smtphost=None, mailfrom=None, smtpuser=None, smtppass=None, smtpport=None)
- smtphost (str or bytes) – the SMTP host to use for sending the emails.
- mailfrom (str) – the address used to send emails (in the From: header).
- smtpuser – the SMTP user. If omitted, the MAIL_USER setting will be used. If not given, no SMTP authentication is going to be performed..
- smtppass (str or bytes) – the SMTP pass for authentication.
- smtpport (int) – the SMTP port to connect to
- smtptls (bool) – enforce using SMTP STARTTLS
- smtpssl (bool) – enforce employing a secure SSL connection
- classmethodfrom_settings() Instantiates a Scrapy settings object, which can respect these Scrapy settings.
- settings (scrapy.settings.Settings object) – the e-mail recipients
- send() sends email to the given recipients.
send(to, subject, body, cc=None, attachs=(), mimetype=’text/plain’, charset=None)
- to (str or list) –the e-mail recipients as a string or as an inventory of string
- subject (str) – the subject of the e-mail
- cc (str or list) – the e-mails to CC as a string or as an inventory of strings
- body (str) – the e-mail body
- attachs (collections.abc.Iterable) – an iterable of tuples (attach_name, mimetype, file_object) where attach_name is a string with the name that will appear on the e-mail’s attachment, mimetype is the mimetype of the attachment and file_object may be a readable file object with the contents of the attachment
- charset (str) – the character encoding to use for the e-mail contents
- Import module
- Setup mailer
- Add subject and body of the mail
- Supply with sender and receiver e-mail addresses
- Send mail