Scaledgrid is a start-up providing mongodb as service on cloud. I had a skype interview and below are the questions.
1) You have a single core cpu. Your applications does a lot of I/O operations. Can multi-threading used for making the application more efficient ?
2) A cluster consists of some finite number of server. A cluster is configured to use a DB(mongo db). Given that you have “n”(which can be large) clusters, give the design for a system for taking the periodic back-ups of these clusters.
a) For each cluster, the cluster user would configure the start time to start taking the back-up and how frequently the back-up can be taken
b) Assume you have backupservice.takebackup(Cluster cluster) throws BackUpFailedException method available
c) Can multi-threading be used ?
d) How is timer going to be implemented ?
e) the takebackup() method can throw exception if backing up fails. How is this handled
f) Define required classes with the data and methods
3) Write code for pattern matching of regular expression. Only . and * are the special characters in the pattern If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
boolean isPatternMatched(String inputString, String pattern);
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Write your Interview Experience or mail it to email@example.com
- Quikr Interview Experience for Software Engineer Position in Bangalore
- Zoho Interview Experience | Set 39 (On-Campus Drive for Software Developer)
- Capgemini Recruitment Process
- PayPal Interview Experience | Set 11
- CouponMoto Interview Experience
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 40 (On-Campus)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 44 ( On Campus )
- Barclays Interview Experience | Set 5 (On Campus)
- Akamai Interview Experience | Set 2
- CISCO Interview Experience | Set 22