1. Recruitment process
- There was a written test which had four sections. Technical, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability.
- Shortlisted candidate went for technical interview round.
- Then further shortlisted candidate went for hr interview round
- Those who got shortlisted after the hr round got the full time offer.
2. Questions and answers
- Technical sections had questions from almost all the sections(C, C++, DBMS, DS, OS)
- Quantitative aptitude’s questions were good.. All were almost of R. S. Aggarwal’s level though few exceptions were there too
- Logical reasoning and verbal ability was good.. Some questions were tough.
- The first question i was asked “what is polymorphism” ???
- Is Java only language to provide run time polymorphism ???
- Write a code for stack using linked list(when writing any code keep the boundary conditions in mind)
- Write an algorithm to find the loop in a given linked list(i did it with two pointers), then i was asked if we can do it with one pointer(yes, using extra space of course). Then i was asked if we really need any pointer??
- Next question was regarding dbms, a table was given and i was asked to write three different tpe of queries to insert data in that table
- Then the next question was about joins in dbms. First theory and then two tables were given and i was asked to perform each type of join on it
- A puzzle was also asked “we have a car which had 5 tyres(4 in use and 1 spare). The car had traveled 20,000 miles and all of its tyres has covered equal amount of distance and all the tyres has reached their maximum limit and thus all are busted. What is the maximum limit of each tyre ”
- It started with “tell me something about your self”
- Then we talked about my “strengths and weakness”
- Who is the toughest person you ever had to deal with
- Asked about my project. But he was mainly interested in how i participated in that project. and how i worked in that team.
- I was asked about my participation in different activities that ranges from playing an anchor to organize a debate in school.
- Where do i see myself in 5 years from now.
- Why “sapient”??
- What do i know about “sapient”??
- And then it was my turn to ask any questions..
- I asked “what kind of work i’ll be actually doing if i join you guys ” and “ what will the chances of my growth in your organization”
- Prepare for hr round as well, it’s important too. If two people have same technical skills then obviously the one with better hr skill stands with and upper hand
- Your positive attitude matters a lot. Try to have a smile on your face when you enter the interview room
- Should have good communication skills
- Stay confident throughout the interview, even if u dn’t know abt any particular thing dn’t panic just try your best..
All the best everyone… !!!!!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- SapientNitro Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- SapientNitro Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- 7 Innovation Labs Interview Experience (6 Months Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- MindTickle Interview Experience | Off-campus | Fresher( 0-Yr Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)