Sapient Interview Experience for ASDE-1 (Off-Campus 2021)
Round 1 (Online Coding Round)
The first round was an online coding round where I had to solve 2 coding questions. The questions I got were both basic DP-based questions.
1. Based on 0-1 knapsack problem
2. Based on Max Sum Path in a matrix from a given cell in the top row to a given cell in the bottom row. From a cell we could only move down, down left, downRight
Round 2 (Domain Interview)
This was a technical round that started with the introduction and project explanations.
Then Basic CS fundamental questions related to:-
CN – OSI Model and its layers
OS – Process vs Thread, Multithreading
1. Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance, and real-world examples of these.
2. Abstract classes and why did we need them when the inheritance was there?
Others – What is DevOps, UML Diagrams.
Coding Question – Print all palindromic substrings of a given string
SQL Query- A simple group by the query (There is a table with people and places traveled, I had to print the person with max distinct places traveled).
At last, the interviewer asked if I had any questions – I asked a few (Always ask questions at the end of the interview)
After one and a half hours I got a call for the next round.
Round 3 (Core Values Round)
This was a short behavioral round of 25 mins which again started with introduction and project/internship explanations.
Then he threw some situation based questions like –
1. If you and your peer have some conflict of thoughts, how have would you react and resolve it.
2. Tell me any real-life experience of yours where you had a conflict with your fellow-mate? How you resolved it?
and some other questions which I don’t remember exactly…
At last, he asked if I had any questions so I asked a few (I remember at last I asked about location preference if selected to which he answered that he would be happy to have me at any location, which kinda gave me some idea that I would be selected : )
After 2 days I got a call from HR that I was selected : )
The only tip I would give is to keep your basics clear and BE CONFIDENT in giving answers, explaining projects and internships. They are looking for confident folks.