Round 1 (Online Coding Round)
The first round was an online coding round where I had to solve 2 coding questions. Questions I got were both basic DP based questions.
1. Based on 0-1 knapsack problem
2. Based on Max Sum Path in a matrix from a given cell in top row to a given cell in bottom row. From a cell we could only move down, downLeft, downRight
Round 2 (Domain Interview)
This was a technical round which started with the introduction and project explanations.
Then Basic CS fundamental questions related to :-
CN – OSI Model and its layers
OS – Process vs Thread, Multithreading
1. Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance and real world examples of these.
2. Abstract classes and why we need them when inheritance was there?
Others – What is DevOps, UML Diagrams.
Coding Question – Print all palindromic substrings of a given string
SQL Query- A simple group by query (There is table with people and places travelled, I had to print the person with max distinct places travelled).
At last the interviewer asked if I had any questions – I asked a few (Always ask questions at the end of the interview)
After one and half hour I got a call for next round.
Round 3 (Core Values Round)
This was a short behavioural round of 25 mins which again started with introduction and project/internship explanations.
Then he threw some situation based questions like –
1. If you and your peer has some conflict of thoughts then how would you react and resolve.
2. Tell me any real life experience of yours where you had a conflict with your fellow-mate? How you resolved it?
and some other questions which I don’t remember exactly…
At last he asked if I had any questions so I asked a few (I remember at last I asked about location preference if selected to which he answered that he would be happy to have me at any location, which kinda gave me some idea that I would be selected : )
After 2 days I got a call from HR that I was selected : )
The only tip I would give is keep your basics clear and BE CONFIDENT in giving answers, explaining projects and internships. They are looking for confident folks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.