SAP labs visited our campus (Tier-2) in December for the Development Associate Consultant role. Most people had 5 rounds.
- 1 online
- 2 Technical rounds
- 1 Managerial
- 1 HR
Every round was an elimination round. The eligibility criteria for the preliminary round (online test) was 7 CGPA, so around 1500 people appeared for the first round.
Round 1 (Online Test): Platform was HackerRank, 10 MCQs and 2 coding questions. MCQs were all technical (DS, Algorithms, Code output, language-based). In coding, one question was on DP (medium/hard level) and another was on Array Manipulation(medium level).
Note: The test had a sectional cut-off so it was important to perform well in both sections.
53 people were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 (Technical 1): This was a Codepair round conducted on HackerRank which lasted for around 45-50 mins. Started with introduction and explain/talk about your recent projects. As I explained my projects in-depth, many technical questions related to my projects were asked. Later, 2 coding questions were given to solve and compile on the platform.
Q1. The question was based on String Manipulation, which had to complete 2 functions with the input of a string. One function would return the modified string without vowels and the other function removed consonants from the input string.
Q2. Finding the middle element of a LinkedList. I used the double-pointer approach to solve this in 1 traversal.
Round 3 (Technical 2 + Managerial Round): This was basically a combined core technical and managerial round for me as they were short on time. This was conducted on Microsoft Teams and lasted for an hour.
Question asked in this round:
- Introduce yourself
- Brief about the recent projects that you have built. Technical questions related to the projects.
- What is API and How does it work? (as I have built a project using API)
- Talk about your internship experience, challenges faced and how did you overcome them.
- Asked me to justify my CGPA.
- Which languages are you comfortable with and why?
- Differences between C++ and Java. Also, particularly asked the difference on the basis of the OOPS concept.
- Pillars of OOPS. Explain Polymorphism with a real-time example.
- What is Abstract function, Abstract class, and Interface?
- What is join in DBMS and what types of joins?
- What is Normalization? Why do we use normalization and when should we use it? Gave me a practical scenario and asked if we should use it or not.
- What is Indexing in DBMS and explain about Clustered Indexing?
- How many cluster indexes can be formed in a single table and why?
- SQL queries.
- The question was solved by using the Aggregate function, GROUP BY clause and ORDER BY clause.
- Write SQL query to find out the 3rd maximum salary of the employee from the Employee table (the table was given). I didn’t use TOP/LIMIT instead used the Aggregate function along with subquery to solve it.
- 15. Few questions on Node Js.
Round 4 (HR Round): This was again conducted on Microsoft Teams and lasted for around 20-25 mins. This felt like a simple chat and discussion rather than an interview. General HR questions were asked.
Question Asked :
- Introduce yourself
- Your Strengths/Weaknesses.
- What is one of the challenges that you have faced in your college life and how did you overcome it?
- How was your experience throughout the SAP interview?
- Why SAP?
- We had a healthy discussion on the core principles of SAP and their tech stacks.
10 people had made it to the HR round. Finally, 9 people were selected and offered full-time roles and I was one of them .
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.