Recently, SAP Labs India visited our campus for internship as well as for Full time hiring
The process for internship was :
- 1 Online test comprising of 5 sections:
(Quant , Verbal , Debug (2 coding qs in C had to be debugged), Coding (2 qs ) & Java – Guess the output type questions)
- 2 Technical Rounds
- 1 HR Round: After each round they eliminated few students
Branches allowed were T.Y.BTech CS & T.Y.BTech IT.
Overall 120+ students appeared for online test and out of which they shortlisted only 9 students for interviews.
F2F (1hr – 1:15) – 2 interviewers
It started off with normal HR questions
Tell me about yourself ?
- Diff between interpreted vs compiled languages?
- What is Hoisting in JS ?
- What is Closure in JS ?
- Call vs Apply ?
- Brief discussion on “This” keyword
- How is OOPS implemented in JS ? How is it diff then other languages?
- Multiple vs Multilevel inheritance , Which one is supported by JS ?
- Promises vs Callbacks vs Async ?
- How to catch all undefined variables in JS ?
- Types of Exceptions in JS ?
- Explain MVC model with example
- Wrote few codes in JS and asked output of each of them
Then they shifted to Database :
- Draw database diagram for implementing Notifications – one to one
- How to extend it to support – Broadcast Notifications
- Few SQL queries related to it.
They ended the interview by asking few HR/Managerial qs
- Why SAP ?
- What if we reject you?
- What if we assign you a project which is not of your interest ?
- What if we your team members don’t contribute much to the project?
They elminated 4 ppl after round 1
F2F (1hr – 1:15) – Single interviewer
This was with a very Senior guy from SAP, he directly jumped to qs
- Why do you like Java so much ? Procedural vs OOPS ?
- Access Specifiers in Java?
- Which is more secure ? Aggregation vs Composition ?
- Explain all OOPS concepts
- Abstract Class vs Interface ? Gave few scenarios and asked me when to choose which one
- Inheritance & Diamond problem in Java?
- Threading concepts -> yield() , sleep() , join()
- How synchronization is achieved ? Wait(), notify() vs notifyAll()
- Object level vs Class level locks ?
- Checked vs Unchecked Exceptions ?
- Asked few tricky qs on try, catch, finally
Since my previous internship was on Android, he asked few qs
- How multi-threading is achieved in Android ? How is it different than Java ?
- What is Async task ? preExecute(), postExecute() is called in Main thread or background thread?
- Activity lifecycle ?
- Fragment Lifecycle ?
- Activity vs Fragments ?
- How GCM push notifications works?
- How OAuth works ?
- SQLite DB vs SharedPreferences? When to use which Android app Architecture ? MVP , MVC?
- Normalization ? What is INF,2NF,3NF ? What is Denormalization?
- Gave few tables and asked to normalize them upto 3NF : Few SQL Queries related to it -> use of subquery/joins was not allowed
- Joins -> Inner vs left vs Right vs Full
- Few rapid fire qs :-> What is DML , DDL, DCL, TCL, DQL ?
- ACID properties
- What is Paging ?
- What is Demand Paging ?
- What is Virtual Memory?
- Process synchronization -> Semaphores ?
They eliminated 1 guy after this round
HR Round (15-20 mins)
Normal HR Qs ->
- Tell me about yourself?
- Weakness ?
- Why SAP ?
- Hobbies ?
- Willing to relocate to Bangalore ?
Finally, they selected 4 students for Internship!!
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Red Hat Interview Experience | Set 1 (For Internship)
- OYO Internship Interview Experience
- OLA Interview Experience | Set 11 ( For Internship)
- HP Interview Experience | Internship
- Sprinklr Internship Interview Experience
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Internship)
- Vocera Interview Experience for Internship
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Internship
- Cohesity Internship Interview Experience
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 21 (For Internship)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 15 (For Internship)