Samsung Software Competency Test 2018
Samsung Competency Test 2018
Points to be noted are:
- You have to code in a coding editor which is provided by Samsung.
- You have to implement required data structure like stacks, queues, etc from scratch and you are not allowed to use default data structures (like STL in C++ or Collection in JAVA) provided by the programming languages.
- There are generally 50 test cases or more (in my case there were 100), all of which have to be passed in order to get selected.
- The Stack size and Heap size are limited. I can’t recall the exact restrictions but they require you to code an efficient solution. Generally what happens is that during backtracking the number of recursive calls gets out of bounds leading to filling up of stack memory and eventually wrong answers. So try to eliminate duplicate cases during backtracking and number of variables used. Design your solution keeping these things in mind.
- No other library except I/O is allowed to be used.
In my experience backtracking problems come in form of a puzzle, and the problems on graphs are not very twisted and you can easily figure out what to use.
- The number of submissions allowed is capped to 10 but you can run test cases any number of times even with your own test cases.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.