Samsung R&D Institute Interview Experience
There were 3 rounds in total.
- Online coding round
- Technical round
Round 1 Online Coding round:
This was a 3 hours coding round in which we had to code 1 problem having 50 test cases. Only those students were selected for the next round who passed all the test cases.
Note: You can compile your code as many numbers of times as you want, but a maximum of 5 submissions were allowed to test on the given test cases.
Here is the question:
You are given the locations of the office and the customers; the number of customers is in the range of 1 to 9. Write a program that, starting at the office, finds a (the) shortest path visiting all the customers and returning to his office. Your program only has to report the distance of a (the) shortest path.
1<N<9. Each location (x, y) is in a bounded grid, -1<x<500, -1<y<500, and x, y are integers.
You are given 50 test cases. Each test case consists of two lines; the first line has N, the number of the customers and the following line enumerates the locations of the office and the customers in sequence. Each location consists of the coordinates (x, y), which is represented by ‘x y’.
Output the 50 answers in 50 lines. Each line outputs the distance of a (the) shortest path. Each line looks like ‘#x answer’ where x is the index of a test case. ‘#x’ and ‘answer’ are separated by a space.
Input (100 lines in total). In the first test case, the locations of the office are (0, 0) and the locations of the customers are (70, 40), (30, 10), (10, 5), (90, 70), (50, 20).
5 (Starting test case #1)
0 0 70 40 30 10 10 5 90 70 50 20
Output (50 lines in total)
HINT: DFS, Backtracking
Round 2 Technical Interview Round: The interviewer saw my resume.
- Write a function to swap two numbers
- Swap two numbers without using an extra variable
- Write merge sort function
- What is the Topological sort? How to implement it?
- Given an array of positive integers. How to answer range sum queries?
- What’s the time complexity of the Segment Tree?
- What is MVC? Draw its diagram.
- What is the design pattern?
- What is backtracking?
- Tell about the android life cycle.
- What is OpenCV?
- Discussion on my projects.
Round 3 HR Interview:
- What are your areas of interest?
- Why Samsung?
- What is your expected salary?
Overall, It was a nice experience 🙂