Samsung Research institute Bangalore recently visited our campus for Full timers.There were 4 rounds in total.
1) Online coding round
2) Technical round 1
3) Technical round 2
Round 1: Online Coding round
This was a 3 hours coding round in which we had to code 1 problem having 10 test cases. Only those students were selected for the next round who passed all the test cases.No STL allowed. Samsung have their own platform in which you have to code.Cocubes Team was there as invigilators.
The question was : Given a directed graph find if there is any cycle exists in the graph or not. If there is no cycle then print -1 in a new line and if exists then print the number of nodes forming that cycle and also print the nodes in sorted order of their values.
Tip : Be cool and calm in the exam hall because there will be more than enough time given, for one question.
Note : You can compile your code as many number of times as you want, but a maximum of 5 submissions were allowed to test on the given test cases.
30 students were selected for the F2F Interviews.
Round 2: Technical Interview round-1
This round started around 11 am.
- Introduce yourself.As I am from Electrical Engineering, he told me that he has to be same hard as he is with CS guys.He was very friendly and trying to make me comfortable as much as he can.He had gone through my resume and told that so you are comfortable with Algo and DS.
- Then He asked me to Implement a queue using singly linked list and doubly linked list.
- He asked me what are the different segments in the Memory.
- He told me this is a Tie breaker question and he is going to make his decision based on this question.Basically this question was from pointer.So make yourself comfortable with pointer also do know the purpose of each memory segment.
I also gave Operating Systems as my Interests but didn’t ask anything.
It lasted around 25-30 minutes. At last he told me that he is really impressed by my skills and asked my area of interest. I told him IOT.
18 out of 30 were selected for the next round.
Round 3: Technical Interview round-2
This Interviewer was also very friendly.He asked me about how was my previous round.Then started to ask questions.
- Given two lines with integer points.How will you detect whether they are parallel or not.He asked me to write the pseudo code.
- What is the difference between malloc and new?
- Given an integer k and a stream of integers. At each moment print the first k smallest numbers.
All questions were easy as per my knowledge.
Tips : Don’t get nervous if you are taking some more time to think . Always ask for some more time. They will be checking your thought process. Even if the interviewer doesn’t wait for you and throws another question to you. Answer the new question but make sure that at the end, you ask for some extra two minutes for the skipped question. Don’t give up on any question.
Unfortunately, They didn’t call me for the H.R round.
Finally 7 students were selected .
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung Research Institute,Bangalore
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung R&D, Bangalore
- Samsung Bangalore(SRIB) On-campus Interview Experience
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience (On-Campus 2019)
- SAMSUNG R&D - BANGALORE (SRIB) | INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE - 2019 | ON-CAMPUS
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 3 (Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore)
- Samsung R&D (Bangalore) On Campus Internship Experience 2019
- Samsung Bangalore (SRI-B) Interview Experience
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 24
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 26 (For Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 23 (For Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | For Internship
- Samsung Bangalore (SRIB) Interview Experience | Set 25 (For Internship)
- Samsung Bangalore Interview Experience for Research Profile
- Samsung Bangalore Internship Interview Experience 2018
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.