Round 1: There was an online coding round on 10th of September, 2018, For which about 50 candidates had come. I will come directly to that special question, for which one has to solve in 4 hours, and there were 50 test cases to be passed for that problem. Any one passing all test cases would be considered for next round of interview.
The question was like this…
You have to place an electronic banner of a company as high as it can be, so that whole the city can view the banner standing on top of TWO PILLERS.
The height of two pillers are to be chosen from given array.. say [1, 2, 3, 4, 6]. We have to maximise the height of the two pillars standing side by side, so that the pillars are of EQUAL HEIGHT and banner can be placed on top of it.
In the above array, (1, 2, 3, 4, 6) we can choose pillars like this, say two pillars as p1 and p2..
Then pillars can be,
p1 = 3 unit… Choosing element (3) from array,
Similarly p2 = 3 choosing (2 + 1) from array.
Since, two pillars are equal, we can put board on it…
But we have two maximise the height of the pillars,
And if we check for other heights, we can see p1 = 6 p2 = 4 + 2 which is greater than 3 ( the previous height)..
We have to see if we can further maximize the height… Yes it can be 8.
I.e. p1 = 6 + 2 = 8. p2 = 4 + 3 + 1 = 8.
Both pillars are equal and banner can be placed… And since this is the maximum height attainable for two pillars, we print the answer as 8. In case, there is no combination possible, print 0 (zero).
1 2 3 4 6
First line is T number of test cases to be followed.
Second line of input is number of different pillars.
Third line of input is different available heights of pillars.
Note : heights of given pillars can be same .. I.e. array can have same elements repeated.
Simply print the maximum height attainable so that board/ banner can be placed.
In case there is no possible combination for placing banner with equal weighted pillars, then print 0.
Constraint’s : some general constraints were given but I don’t remember exactly.
This was the question to done in 4 hours.
I was out after first round, as I could not solve this problem. Hope this may help you for cracking Samsung interview.
- Samsung Interview Experience (On-Campus for Software Engineer) (September 2018)
- Samsung Delhi Interview Experience (On-Campus for Software Engineer) - September 2018
- Samsung Interview Experience (SRI-Noida On-campus 2018 ,Engineer role )
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 33 (R & D Noida)
- Samsung R & D Noida Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 39 (On-Campus for R & D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | (On-Campus for R & D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 34 (On-Campus for R&D Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience - R & D Noida (Off - Campus)
- Samsung Noida R & D On Campus Internship Interview Experience
- Samsung R&D Institute Noida(SRIN) Internship interview experience
- Undostres Interview September 2018
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.