Samsung Semiconductor India R&D, Bangalore had visited our campus for placements. Only ECE students were allowed. There was an online coding round conducted, followed by 2 Technical rounds and an HR round.
Online Coding Round:
It was a 3 hour long test during which we had to solve one question having 50 test cases. Only those students passing all 50 test cases were shortlisted for the technical interviews. The question was as follows.
You are given a 7×5 grid as follows,
0 1 0 2 0
0 2 2 2 1
0 2 1 1 1
1 0 1 0 0
0 0 1 2 2
1 1 0 0 1
x x S x x
0 denotes that the cell is empty
1 denotes that the cell has a coin
2 denotes that an enemy is present in the cell
The highlighted zone (yellow) denotes the control zone. We need to control the spaceship (S) in order to obtain the maximum number of coins possible. The spaceship’s initial position will be in the center and we can only move the spaceship one cell to the right or left, or choose to not move it at all. After every turn, the non-highlighted part (blue) will move down by one unit.
We have a bomb but can only use it once. When the bomb is used, all enemies present in the 5×5 cell region above the control zone are removed and are replaced with 0’s.
If the spaceship encounters an enemy, or the entire grid has come down, the game is over.
Technical Interview 1:
- In depth discussion about the project I had undertaken during my summer internship.
- Questions on one of the semester projects I had done in college.
- What is Breadth First Search? Write the pseudocode for BFS and explain.
- What is fork system call? Had to predict the number of times a statement would be printed.
Technical Interview 2:
- What is Fourier Series and Fourier Transform?
- Was given an expression and asked to find it’s Fourier Transform.
- General discussion about SSIR, the role that was being offered, products that the business unit works on, research.
Some of the people who were interviewed before me weren’t asked the Fourier Series and Fourier Transform questions. They were given a question and had to write the code on paper. The question was based on 0-1 Knapsack problem.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to join Samsung?
- How will Samsung benefit by hiring you?
After this, the HR asked if I had any questions following which the interview was over. When the results were announced, I was one of the 6 chosen for the full time role at SSIR, Bangalore.
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 4 (Samsung Research Institute, Delhi)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 3 (Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Internship at Samsung Research Institute)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus for Samsung R&D)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 19 (On-Campus)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 21 (On-Campus)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 20 (R & D Banglore)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 22 (On-Campus)
- Samsung Bangalore (SRI-B) Interview Experience
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 32 (On-Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.