Samsung R&D Bangalore visited our campus (Eligible branches – CSE, ECE, EE, B.Tech/M.Tech with 7+ CGPA). There were 4 rounds:
Round 1: 3hrs Coding Round
Round 2: Pen-paper Coding Round
Round 3: Technical Round 1st
Round 4: Technical Round 2nd
Round 5: HR Round
Round 1 (Online Coding Round) – This was a 3 hours coding round in which we had to code 1 problem having 50 test cases. Only those students were selected for the next round who passed all the test cases.
Note – You can compile your code as many numbers of times as you want, but a maximum of 10 submissions were allowed to test on the given test cases.
Question: There was given total physical energy H and total distance D. Five pace information speed and corresponding physical energy was given. Find the minimum time that is required in order to complete total distance D making sure that some of the physical energy does not exceed H ( I don’t remember the question exactly, but it is something like this).
After this round, 20 students were shortlisted.
Round 2 (Pen-paper Coding Round) – This was pen and paper based coding round. We have to write the code and also calculate the time complexity.
Question: You have a bag containing only black and white balls . You pull out 2 balls. If the balls are of same color, then you replace them with a white ball – but if they are of different color, you replace them with a black ball. Once you take out the balls, you do not put them back in the bag – so the balls keep reducing. What would be the color of the last ball remaining in the bag.
This was not an elimination round.
Round 3 (Technical Round 1st) – Before the start of the interview. The interviewer had thoroughly gone through my resume.
- As I mentioned SQL in my resume. He asked a query “You have a student table having 3 attributes student_name,subject and marks. Find the subject-wise maximum mark of students. Arrange the subjects in ascending order and marks in descending order”.
- He asked about memory layout of program, function pointer, Types of pointer, And Pointer basics.
- He gave me two codes to find out the error (that was related to the dangling pointer and memory leak).
- Optimize the code that was given in pen-paper round.
- Reverse the linked list without changing it’s structure (full working code was expected).
- Given a singly linked list and a position, delete a linked list node at the given position.
- Write a program to swap two numbers (I gave four approaches).
- Check a given number is palindrome or not.
- Find the majority element in a given array (if the integer size is 32 bits).
- Questions related to SJF and SRTF.
Round 4 (Technical Round 2nd) – At the start, He asked me to introduce myself in 30 seconds mentioning only technical part.
- Write a code for segmentation fault.
- Write the code of CPU scheduling Algorithms (LIFO,FIFO,SJF) in O(1).
- Can multiple CPU scheduler work at the same time?
- Tell the difference between NULL and NIL.
- Level order traversal of binary tree.
- He asked about STL and OOPs concepts.
This round was not good for me, I hardly answered 2-3 questions. But my previous rounds were excellent so they called me for the HR Round (don’t lose hope if one of your round is not so good).
Round 5 (HR Round) –
- Tell me about yourself.
- He started with discussion of my projects which I have mentioned in resume (prepare the projects clearly. If you are using any standard library, You must know the implementation).
- Difference between DFS and BFS.
- Difference among Tree, Linked list and Array (Searching, Insertion and Deletion).
- Check if multiple header files are included in program?
- Sort the stream of integers.
- If Google and Samsung both are offering the job at the same time, which company you will join and why?
And then he asked me if I had any questions. I asked him three questions:
- What is the mean of “Cutting Edge Technology”?
- How the Samsung describes it’s vision “inspire the world, create the future”?
- What are the health care products on which Samsung is currently working on?
Tips : Know everything you have mentioned in the resume. And, as they will be checking your thought process. Never stop or give-up on any question. You must have deep knowledge of pointers.
If you clear the online coding round, there is 90% chance of selection.
Finally 8 students were selected and I was one of them.
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 3 (Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 4 (Samsung Research Institute, Delhi)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Internship at Samsung Research Institute)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus for Samsung R&D)
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung Research Institute,Bangalore
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung R&D, Bangalore
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus 2019 for Samsung Research Institute, Delhi
- Samsung Interview Experience | (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus 2019 for Samsung Research Institute, Noida
- Samsung Interview Experience for Internship at Samsung Research Institute
- Samsung Software - Competency Test (Samsung R&D Bangalore) Experience > 1 yrs
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.