Samsung Interview Experience | Set 14 (On-Campus)
Coding Question for Shortlisting:
Given a graph, find out if it can be colored using 2 colors. Different colors for alternate nodes (3 hours) people who passed all 10 test cases were shortlisted.
Note- You can compile your code as many number of times as you want, but a maximum of 5 submissions were allowed to test on the given test cases.
Interviews (On campus-Day1)
Round 1 (Technical around 50 mins):
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Went through my CV, asked me questions about my Experiences, Projects, Courses (specifically Networks).
3. Which language are you comfortable with, I said C++.
4. Wrote a few codes on run-time polymorphism and asked me to write the outputs.
e.g. virtual destructor, inheritance with virtual keyword.
5. Asked me what pure virtual classes are?
6. A few codes on pointers, asked me the outputs.
e.g. const pointers and pointers to const.
7. Asked me how I solved the coding round question- I said BFS, didnt ask about it any further.
8. Asked if I knew Dijkstra’s Algorithm, I said yes, asked if I could write the pseudo code- I wrote it fast, Asked to explain why Dijkstra’s algo fails when -ve weights are there in the graph.
9. Asked to write my own typedef operator- I used function template to write a generic function.
Critical Section, Mutex , Semaphores, Paging, Techniques to swap out pages (Least recently used, least frequently used).
11. Do you have any questions- I asked about ongoing projects, and R&D work.
Round 2 (HR 20 mins):
1. You have been to korea, tell me what you observed about their culture and Samsung in korea.
2. Asked a few questions about what I did since beginning of college, when my CPI started dipping and so on.
3. He draw an abstract figure and asked me what I thought the object was, continued to ask me to think of more and more objects many times. Grilled me each time I answered any object.
4. Why Samsung?
5. Any questions? – I asked about work life balance.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.