It was a 3 hours coding round and the maximum number of submissions allowed was 10, but we could compile it as much as we want.
There were 50 test cases and to qualify for the interview round, all 50 test cases had to be passed (Even passing 49 Test Cases was not accepted but students having passed test cases more than 50% were offered internship after a further MCQ round).
There is a source (S) and destination (D) and a spacecraft has to go from S to D. There are N number of wormholes in between
which has the following properties:
- Each wormhole has an entry and an exit.
- Each wormhole is bi-directional i.e. one can enter and exit from any of the ends.
- The time to cross the wormhole is given and the spacecraft may or may not use the wormhole
to reach D.
- The time taken to travel outside wormhole between two points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) is given by a formula
|x1 - x2| + |y1 - y2| where, (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) are the co-ordinates of two points.
The co-ordinates of S and D are given and we have to find the minimum time to reach D from S.
Note: It’s not mandatory to consider all the wormholes
sample input: source=(0, 0), destination(100, 100), warmholes=3 .
coordinates are: (1, 2), (120, 120)
(4, 5), (120, 100)
(6, 8), (150, 180)
This was the technical round consisting of very much subjective questions. The main questions were as follows:
- Basic introduction.
- Discussion about projects.
- Difference between oop and C++.
- What is the operating system?
- What is kernel?
- What is virtual memory? (from this question, I moved interviewer to paging and after then to demand paging).
- What is TCP/IP? (I insisted to explain with help of OSI layer diagram).
- What are the states of a process? (I insisted to explain with help of diagram).
- What is thread and difference between process and thread?
- what is the real-time system?
- What is the difference between the global variable and static variable? (After telling the difference I told him static methods and its uses).
- What is the copy constructor? (After telling copy constructor, I told him the concept of deep copy and shallow copy. After watching that he is satisfied, I told him the problem of dangling pointer which may arise due to shallow copy).
- He was very much impressed.
- After this, he askes the difference between structure and class.
- After this, I was allowed to ask any question from him.
- I asked him three questions back to back(here, HR noticed me and both my interviewer and HR got impressed).
Just be cool, And if your basic concepts are clear then take the normal question to deep so that interviewer gets impressed by your knowledge. Be True during the interview.
This was the HR round. The interviewer has noticed me three times during my technical interview and was very much impressed by me. So HR round lasted for 10 minutes.
The interviewer askes me for a basic introduction and answer to the question asked by me from the technical interviewer (as he listened to my question and his answer). He then asked me the meaning of my name(Jitesh Pareek). After then he asked me about my interests and whatever I know about Samsung. After this, I was allowed to ask any question.
My interview ended at 09:00 PM and the result was announced at 11:55 PM.Total 30 students(9 Intern+21 Intern+FTE)were selected from YMCAUST.and those 21 included me.
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute, Noida)
- Samsung Research Institute, Noida Interview Experience (Software Engineer)
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus 2019 for Samsung Research Institute, Delhi
- Samsung Interview Experience | On-campus for Samsung Research Institute,Bangalore
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 3 (Samsung Research Institute, Bangalore)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus for Samsung Research Institute)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Internship at Samsung Research Institute)
- Samsung Interview Experience | Set 4 (Samsung Research Institute, Delhi)
- Samsung R&D Institute Noida(SRIN) Internship interview experience
- Samsung Research Institute Bangalore (Research Engineer)
- Samsung Research Institute Bangalore (SRIB) (intern)
- Samsung Semiconductor Institute of Research(SSIR Software) Intern/FTE | Set-2
- Samsung Semiconductor Institute of Research (SSIR software) intern/FTE | Set-1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.