Salesforce Women In Tech Interview Experience for Internship
It is an opportunity for students who are pursuing a bachelors degree and are in their pre-final year.
Round 1: It was an online round that consisted of 3 coding questions of medium to hard level and were based on graphs and dp . After round 1 , within some days , I received an email and it was stated that I had my interview in 3 days .
There were 2 Technical interview rounds and 1 HR Round. I was rejected after 2nd Round of Interviews. Still, I would like to share my experience.
Interview Round 1:
- The interviewer asked me to introduce myself.
- He asked me to explain my project briefly. I told him the features and the tech stacks and ideas behind the project.
- After that, he told me to proceed with DSA.
- He shared a hackerrank live coding link in which when I was coding, he was able to see it live, and along with this he also asked me to share my screen.
- Now I will state my questions:
- Question 1: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/delete-nth-node-from-the-end-of-the-given-linked-list/
- This was my question for round 1. I told him both the brute force and optimised approach using two pointers and the interviewer was satisfied.
- In the end, he asked me if I had any questions and we had a small discussion about the company culture and the interview concluded.
Interview Round 2:
- He told me that let’s directly jump on to DSA
- Question 1: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/design-a-data-structure-that-supports-insert-delete-search-and-getrandom-in-constant-time/
Question 2: Your car starts at position 0 and speeds +1 on an infinite number line. Your car can go into negative positions. Your car drives automatically according to a sequence of instructions ‘A’ (accelerate) and ‘R’ (reverse): When you get an instruction ‘A’, your car does the following:
position += speed speed *= 2
When you get an instruction ‘R’, your car does the following:
If your speed is positive then speed = -1 otherwise speed = 1 Your position stays the same.
For example, after commands “AAR”, your car goes to positions 0 –> 1 –> 3 –> 3, and your speed goes to 1 –> 2 –> 4 –> -1.
Given a target position target, return the length of the shortest sequence of instructions to get there.
Input: target = 3 Output: 2 Explanation: The shortest instruction sequence is "AA". Your position goes from 0 --> 1 --> 3.
Input: target = 6 Output: 5 Explanation: The shortest instruction sequence is "AAARA". Your position goes from 0 --> 1 --> 3 --> 7 --> 7 --> 6. Constraints: 1 <= target <= 104
Since the questions seemed tough to me, I was not able to come up with satisfactory solutions. Hence, I was rejected from the second round. Though I was not able to clear the interview, I gained a new experience and it was overall a learning experience for me .
Please Login to comment...