The company does technology advisory, product design and custom development.
First round :
Type : Online Aptitude questions
Questions : 40, Time : 40 minutes
- C, C++ and java aptitude
- Operating systems
Second round :
Type : Coding round
Question : 1, Time : 45 minutes.
Third round :
Type : Technical interview
Time : 1:30 hours
- Self Introduction + project explanation
- Why C and C++ are operating system dependent? What makes it so?
- Why Java is OS independent?
- Explain the architecture and functions of JVM.
- What is the difference between JVM, JRE and JDK.
- What is dangling pointers?
I said, I don’t know. Then they asked, “what is pointers?”, “what is the use of having double, triple and quadruple pointers?”
- Why doesn’t java provide multiple inheritance?
- What will be the conflict occur if we use multiple inheritance in c++ and how to overcome it?
- Data structures
- Real time applications for sorting algorithm.
- Time complexity for different sorting algorithm.
- What are the constraints to select a sorting algorithm?
- When to use Quick sort? When to use Merge sort?
- You are given with a binary tree and sum X. you need to find whether the sum of any two nodes is X. Expected time complexity : less than O(n^2).
- How to implement search engines? That is if we try to type a word, it will provide suggestion by auto completion on words. So how to implement this?
Ans : Trie
- Then they asked me to explain the basic working of a trie.
- OOP :
- The interviewer had his water and put the water bottle infront of me and asked how would you represent this water bottle in OOP?
- What is Association, aggregation, composition and generalization?
I explained them with small java code example. Then he expected me to explain them with real time application.
Operating system :
- Synchronization and concurrency problem
- How to overcome the synchronization problem?
I said that it could be solved using semaphore or Monitor. Then he told me to explain them.
- What is deadlock?
- What are necessary conditions for deadlock?
Fourth round :
Type : HR
Time : 1 hour
- First it was about personal details
- Then why did you choose information technology?
- Which complex problem did you solve recently and satisfied with the solution? What makes so? I said Sudoku,
- He asked “how did you solve?” I said “I used backtracking”
- Then he said “consider us an uneducated old men, how will you explain backtracking and dynamic programming to us?”
- How will you find the nearby restaurants if you are given with a latitude and longitude? The discussion on this question was gone more than 15 minutes. He wasn’t satisfied with my answer. I didn’t know seriously how to answer this question.
- Which algorithm is used in the cricket LBW decision? (checking whether the ball hits the stump or not).
And some basic questions like asking my nick name, etc.
Final discussion :
They made total fun with me in this round by asking “what is your aadhar number?”, “what is my name?, how could you forget my name, I have been spent more than one hour today? “ etc.
- Mindfire Solutions Interview Experience | Set 3
- Monotype Solutions Interview Experience
- Mindfire Solutions Interview Experience | Set 2
- Gemini Solutions Interview Experience
- Kritikal Solutions Interview Experience
- GEP Solutions Interview Experience | On-Campus
- Mindfire Solutions Interview Experience
- Surya Informatics solutions Interview Experience
- Treebo (Ruptub Solutions Pvt Ltd) Interview Experience | Set 1
- Vuram Technology Solutions Interview Experience
- Vizury Interactive Solutions Interview Experience
- Interview Experience Opera Solutions, Noida
- Mindfire Solutions Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Gemini Solutions Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Infinite Computer Solutions Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.