Sabre Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Associate software developer)
Round 1: It was an online test consisting of 40 MCQs and 2 coding questions, to be solved in 90 minutes(MCQ+Coding). This was conducted on hackerearth. (with negarive marking)( some questions (+2, -1), some (+3, -1) )
MCQ questions had
- Blood relation questions(4)
- Permutation, Combinations (5)
- C coding Output (5)
- Operating System factual questions(5)
- SQL queries (around 7-8)
- General Aptitude (4-5)
- and few on lexical analysis, time complexity.
Coding round had 2 questions:1.
First, Print maximum occurring character in an input string, if 2 characters appear same number of times, print the lexicographically lowest character. (20 Marks). An extension to https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/return-maximum-occurring-character-in-the-input-string/
Second, Find the length of the smallest sub-string consisting of maximum distinct characters. (50 marks)
Out of 240, 27 were shortlisted for the next round. (fair amount of MCQ + 1 coding question (20 marks) would do)
Round 2: Technical Interview (1 hour)
I was asked mostly DBMS, OS, Coding questions like
- delete, truncate, and drop sql statements.
- what are DDL and DML statements
- what is a partition? why would i partition anything? (I answered partitions based on memory, he did’nt seem satisfied)
- what is a device driver?
- In coding, he asked me to optimize my code of 1st round
- Difference between trees and graphs?
- What is a list? Different types of lists ? (He meant arrayList, LinkedList, Doubly Linked List) and one use case of all these.
- Last was a dynamic programming problem. (Typical coin change problem)
This was more of a college viva than a company’s interview which would make you think.
14 people moved to the next round.
Round 3: This was an HR round (1-1.25 hours)
Typical questions like:
- why Sabre?
- What do you know about the company?
- Why should we hire you?
- where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Would you be comfortable working in Java?
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!