Given a square matrix, find out count of numbers that are same in same row and same in both primary and secondary diagonals.
Input : 1 2 1 4 5 2 0 5 1 Output : 2 Primary diagonal is 1 5 1 Secondary diagonal is 1 5 0 Two elements (1 and 5) match in two diagonals and same. Input : 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 Output : 1 Primary diagonal is 1 1 1 Secondary diagonal is 0 1 0 Only one element is same.
We can achieve this in O(n) time, O(1) space and only one traversal. We can find current element in i-th row of primary diagonal as mat[i][i] and i-th element of secondary diagonal as mat[i][n-i-1].
This article is contributed by Himanshu Ranjan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Find the product of sum of two diagonals of a square Matrix
- Sum of all parts of a square Matrix divided by its diagonals
- Sum of both diagonals of a spiral odd-order square matrix
- Return an array of anti-diagonals of given N*N square matrix
- Finding the converging element of the diagonals in a square matrix
- Swap major and minor diagonals of a square matrix
- Find smallest and largest element from square matrix diagonals
- Common elements in all rows of a given matrix
- Find distinct elements common to all rows of a matrix
- How to access elements of a Square Matrix
- Find a Square Matrix such that sum of elements in every row and column is K
- Print all the sub diagonal elements of the given square matrix
- Print all the super diagonal elements of the given square matrix
- Finding the maximum square sub-matrix with all equal elements
- Program to Interchange Diagonals of Matrix