Robert Bosch Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer
Branches allowed: CSE / IT / EEE / ECE
Eligibility Criteria: Minimum 70% in 10th, 12th and Minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA and above Aggregate of all previous semesters with no standing backlogs.
Round 1: Online Test
Time: 90 minutes
This test was conducted on the Hirepro platform. There were 3 sections in this test.
- CS Fundamentals: 35 minutes
- Aptitude: 25 minutes
- Coding: 30 minutes and 2 questions
Note: There was negative marking in section 1 and section 2.
Round 2: Technical Interview
Time: 30 minutes
Note: I am from the CSE branch so I was asked questions related to that only. Other branch students were asked questions on their technical subjects.The interviewer was very good and cordial. Some of the questions I was asked were –
- He introduced himself and then asked my introduction.
- Asked about my family background.
- Why did you choose CSE and not any other branch?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What are linear and non-linear data structures? Give their real-life examples.
- Asked me about Stacks, Queues, Linked List, and Binary Search Tree.
- Difference between file structure and storage structure.
- Difference between C and C++. (As I code in C++)
- What is a multidimensional array?
- Difference between Reference and pointers.
- What is Virtual function?
- What are threads and How do we set priorities in threads?
- How to clear the buffer in C++?
- What are Hashmaps?
- What is THIS pointer?
- What are TCP, HTTP, and FTP protocols? Which one is the fastest?
- What are Views in DBMS?
- Have you used any product of Bosch? Name some products of Bosch and some parts of the engine which are made by Bosch.
Then some questions on Web Development as my projects were in Web Development.
- What is Pagination?
- What are CSS and its types?
- What are application variables and session variables?
- What is REST?
- What is the SOAP principle?
Round 3: HR Interview
Time: 15-20 minutes
This was a normal HR round. Some of the questions asked were –
- Asked me to introduce myself and asked about my family background.
- Why do you want to join Bosch?
- You are from North India so are you ok moving to South India?
- What if you get a higher package than Bosch?
- You have very good academics then why not planning to go for higher studies like M.Tech and MS in Computer Science?
- Have you ever worked on New Technologies trending in the market?
- Be very thorough with the basics of all the subjects like OS / OOPS / CN / DBMS.
- Prepare your projects well.
- Know about the company before the interview.
- Be Confident.