Robert Bosch Interview Experience 2019-20 | REBI On-Campus
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd. recently conducted a Campus Recruitment Drive in our college KIIT University, Bhubaneswar. This was a pool campus. It came for the Associate Software Engineer profile.
A candidate must have secured 70 % and above to be eligible for the drive. Different sets were there for Computer Science & Electrical Students. As i’m from CSE branch, my article looks forward to that part.
In total it consisted of 3 rounds.
- Online Written Test by HirePro
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Round 1: Online Written Round (on HirePro platform)
There were 3 sections. First section included Quantitative Aptitude + Logical Reasoning +Verbal Ability questions which were not too tough to answer. Questions were mainly asked from Time & Work, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Percentage, Profit Loss, Simple & Compound Interest. Second section included Technical questions from core subjects of Computer Science such as CN(Computer Networks), OS(Operating System), Computer Architecture, C++ basics. Third section was Coding section which consisted of 2 coding question whose difficulty level was easy to medium. 30 minutes time was given to write the two codes. Question was:-
- Write a program to input N elements in an array of size M, and print the sum of elements which are perfect power of 2 and also count and print the total number of elements that are perfect power of 2. [Eg:- 1 2 3 4 5, Here 3 elements namely 1, 2, 4 are perfect power of 2 and their sum is 7]
- Write a program to input a number. Find the reverse of the number and print their difference. [Eg:- 3142 is original number, its reverse is 2413, Difference = 729]
Test was conducted on 27th July 2019 and result was declared till evening. Approx 130 people were shortlisted for the interview.
Round 2: Technical Interview
My technical round lasted for 40-45 minutes. Some questions are :-
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is sorting? Why sorting algorithms are used?
- Name some sorting algorithms. Which one is best?
- Given an Employee Table, write a SQL query to retrieve the details of employee having maximum salary.
- What is mean by database? What is DBMS and what is it used for?
- What is Structured, Semi-Structured, Unstructured Data? Give some examples to explain them.
- Images, Texts, Videos are what kind of datas?
- What is the term Big Data means?Why do we use Big Data Analytics?
- Tell any 3V’s of Big Data.
- Rate your self in logical thinking. [Be aware he will surely throw some questions on that]
- Write a program to input N elements in array and check whether the element present in even index of an array is prime or not.If yes then print those elements if not print -1. [I coded in JAVA]
- Explain OSI model?
- Explain how communication between two users (Source and Destination) occurs w.r.t OSI model.
- Why Bosch?
- He then asked a puzzle question to check my analytical skills. I don’t exactly remember the question but he told that it was a GOOGLE interview question – “8 ball Puzzle Problem”.
- Lastly he asked “Any questions for me”? [Tip :- “Never say no, as it creates an image that you are least bothered about the job and the company. Don’t ask questions like – “How many you’ll take”?, “Why you are giving less salary”? This type of questions create a -ve impact]
Round 3: HR Round
This is round where a person needs to be natural in his/her behaviour. This round lasted for again 30-40 minutes. Some questions are:-
- Tell me something about yourself which is not your resume? [I mentioned about my youtube channel which attracted his attention and therefore he tried to inquire more about the same]
- What was your thought process when you thought to start your own Youtube Cahnnel? (Link to my channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WrDHbzFNE_Vk0T8O5tQMg?view_as=subscriber)
- Any challenges you have faced so far?
- Tell me something why you have chosen this particular project. (Project that was mentioned in my resume)
- Would you like to go for higher studies?
- Is getting a job important for you and why?
- Tell me some qualities in you that you think would help me to hire you.
- What is your source of strength?
- Tell me something about your family background.
- Why Bosch?
- At last again the same question -“Any question for me?”
After all the rounds were over, result was published post 1-2 days after the drive.
Note :- Be genuine about your answer. Its ok if you’re not sure about the answer.You can politely say “SORRY SIR, I DON’T KNOW THE ANSWER”. Try to make the interview interactive, means its not necessary that only the interviewer can ask you the questions rather, you can ask him/her some questions too. This can create a friendly environment. (This is something what i try to do all the time)
Warning :- But don’t try to get over friendly or act over-confident with the interviewer. This can even go against you. So try to be in your limits.
Hope you find this article useful. GOOD LUCK! STAY MOTIVATED.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.