Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd. recently conducted a Campus Recruitment Drive in our college KIIT University, Bhubaneswar. This was a pool campus. It came for the Associate Software Engineer profile.
A candidate must have secured 70 % and above to be eligible for the drive. Different sets were there for Computer Science & Electrical Students. As i’m from CSE branch, my article looks forward to that part.
In total it consisted of 3 rounds.
- Online Written Test by HirePro
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Round 1: Online Written Round (on HirePro platform)
There were 3 sections. First section included Quantitative Aptitude + Logical Reasoning +Verbal Ability questions which were not too tough to answer. Questions were mainly asked from Time & Work, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Percentage, Profit Loss, Simple & Compound Interest. Second section included Technical questions from core subjects of Computer Science such as CN(Computer Networks), OS(Operating System), Computer Architecture, C++ basics. Third section was Coding section which consisted of 2 coding question whose difficulty level was easy to medium. 30 minutes time was given to write the two codes. Question was:-
- Write a program to input N elements in an array of size M, and print the sum of elements which are perfect power of 2 and also count and print the total number of elements that are perfect power of 2. [Eg:- 1 2 3 4 5, Here 3 elements namely 1, 2, 4 are perfect power of 2 and their sum is 7]
- Write a program to input a number. Find the reverse of the number and print their difference. [Eg:- 3142 is original number, its reverse is 2413, Difference = 729]
Test was conducted on 27th July 2019 and result was declared till evening. Approx 130 people were shortlisted for the interview.
Round 2: Technical Interview
My technical round lasted for 40-45 minutes. Some questions are :-
- Tell me about yourself?
- What is sorting? Why sorting algorithms are used?
- Name some sorting algorithms. Which one is best?
- Given an Employee Table, write a SQL query to retrieve the details of employee having maximum salary.
- What is mean by database? What is DBMS and what is it used for?
- What is Structured, Semi-Structured, Unstructured Data? Give some examples to explain them.
- Images, Texts, Videos are what kind of datas?
- What is the term Big Data means?Why do we use Big Data Analytics?
- Tell any 3V’s of Big Data.
- Rate your self in logical thinking. [Be aware he will surely throw some questions on that]
- Write a program to input N elements in array and check whether the element present in even index of an array is prime or not.If yes then print those elements if not print -1. [I coded in JAVA]
- Explain OSI model?
- Explain how communication between two users (Source and Destination) occurs w.r.t OSI model.
- Why Bosch?
- He then asked a puzzle question to check my analytical skills. I don’t exactly remember the question but he told that it was a GOOGLE interview question – “8 ball Puzzle Problem”.
- Lastly he asked “Any questions for me”? [Tip :- “Never say no, as it creates an image that you are least bothered about the job and the company. Don’t ask questions like – “How many you’ll take”?, “Why you are giving less salary”? This type of questions create a -ve impact]
Round 3: HR Round
This is round where a person needs to be natural in his/her behaviour. This round lasted for again 30-40 minutes. Some questions are:-
- Tell me something about yourself which is not your resume? [I mentioned about my youtube channel which attracted his attention and therefore he tried to inquire more about the same]
- What was your thought process when you thought to start your own Youtube Cahnnel? (Link to my channel:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WrDHbzFNE_Vk0T8O5tQMg?view_as=subscriber)
- Any challenges you have faced so far?
- Tell me something why you have chosen this particular project. (Project that was mentioned in my resume)
- Would you like to go for higher studies?
- Is getting a job important for you and why?
- Tell me some qualities in you that you think would help me to hire you.
- What is your source of strength?
- Tell me something about your family background.
- Why Bosch?
- At last again the same question -“Any question for me?”
After all the rounds were over, result was published post 1-2 days after the drive.
Note :- Be genuine about your answer. Its ok if you’re not sure about the answer.You can politely say “SORRY SIR, I DON’T KNOW THE ANSWER”. Try to make the interview interactive, means its not necessary that only the interviewer can ask you the questions rather, you can ask him/her some questions too. This can create a friendly environment. (This is something what i try to do all the time)
Warning :- But don’t try to get over friendly or act over-confident with the interviewer. This can even go against you. So try to be in your limits.
Hope you find this article useful. GOOD LUCK! STAY MOTIVATED.
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience | Set 5 (July 2017 On-Campus)
- Robert Bosch(RBEI) Interview Experience (Off- Campus)
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience 2019 | RBEI On-Campus
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience 2019(On-campus)
- Robert Bosch (RBEI/NE-EL) Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | On-Campus 2020
- Robert Bosch Data Scientist interview 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience for MTS-1 (1.5 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.