rint() is used to round of the floating-point argument to an integer value (in floating-point format). You can also determine the current rounding mode using a function fesetround() according to which the rint function returns the rounded integer value.
Syntax double rint(double x); float rint(float x); long double rint(long double x); Header file : cmath Parameters : The rint() function takes a single argument value to round. Returns : By default, the rounding direction is set to 'to-nearest' otherwise the rint() function rounds the argument to an integral value, using the rounding direction specified by fegetround() and returns the value.
Exceptions or Errors
1. If the result of the function is outside the range of the return type, a domain error error may occur.
2. If the argument is 0, it is returned unmodified.
3. If the argument is infinite, it is returned unmodified.
Input : 3.3 Output : 3 Input : 3.5 Output : 4 Input : 3.7 Output : 4
By default, the rounding direction is set to the nearest integer. But using fesetround() function, we can the direction of our choice.
fesetround(FE_DOWNWARD) fesetround(FE_UPWARD) Header file : cfenv
- If rint() function is used with argument 3.7 and fesetround(FE_DOWNWARD) is also used, the output would be 3
- If rint() function is used with argument 3.3 and fesetround(FE_UPWARD) is also used, the output would be 4
rintf() function is same as the rint function. The only difference is that the parameter and return type of the function is float type. The ‘f‘ character appended to ‘rintf‘ stands for float and it signify the parameter type and return type of the function.
Syntax : float rintf(float x);
Here, variables are assigned float type otherwise type mismatch error occurs.
rintl() function is same as the rint function.The only difference is that the parameter and return type of the function is long double type.The ‘l‘ character appended to ‘rintl‘ stands for long double and it signify the parameter type and return type of the function.
Syntax : long double rintl(long double x);
Here, variables are assigned long double type otherwise type mismatch error occurs.
- Different ways to use Const with Reference to a Pointer in C++
- std::to_address in C++ with Examples
- Program to create Custom Vector Class in C++
- std::is_trivially_copy_constructible in C/C++
- Difference between Python and C++
- tgamma() method in C/C++ with Examples
- boost::type_traits::is_array Template in C++
- boost is_pointer template in C++
- Modulo Operator (%) in C/C++ with Examples
- fpclassify() method in C/C++ with Examples
- Operator Overloading '<<' and '>>' operator in a linked list class
- How to find the Entry with largest Value in a C++ Map
- Visibility Modes in C++ with Examples
- Speed up Code executions with help of Pragma in C/C++
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.