Given a string str and an integer k, the task is to reverse alternate k characters of the given string. If characters present are less than k, leave them as it is.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”, k = 3
Input: str = “abcde”, k = 2
Approach: The idea is to first reverse k characters, then jump onto the next k characters by adding 2 * k to the index and so on until the complete string is modified.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Create a new string by alternately combining the characters of two halves of the string in reverse
- Minimum number of characters to be removed to make a binary string alternate
- Add index to characters and reverse the string
- Reverse a string without affecting special characters
- Reverse alternate K nodes in a Singly Linked List
- Reverse alternate levels of a perfect binary tree
- Given a linked list, reverse alternate nodes and append at the end
- Reverse alternate levels of a perfect binary tree using Stack
- Permutation of a string with maximum number of characters greater than its adjacent characters
- Rearrange the characters of the string such that no two adjacent characters are consecutive English alphabets
- Reverse Middle X Characters
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- Alternate vowel and consonant string
- Alternate Lower Upper String Sort
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.