Java doesn’t support multi-value returns. We can use following solutions to return multiple values.
If all returned elements are of same type
We can return an array in Java. Below is a Java program to demonstrate the same.
Sum = 150 Sub = 50
If returned elements are of different types
Using Pair (If there are only two returned values)
We can use Pair in Java to return two values.
If there are more than two returned values
We can encapsulate all returned types into a class and then return an object of that class.
Let us have a look at the following code.
Multiplication = 200 Division = 0.5 Addition = 30
Returning list of Object Class
[Geek, 35, M]
This article is contributed by Twinkle Tyagi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Passing and Returning Objects in Java
- Java and Multiple Inheritance
- Java | CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access)
- Java Multicasting (Typecasting multiple times) Puzzle
- Execute main() multiple times without using any other function or condition or recursion in Java
- How to set Precision for Double values in Java?
- EnumMap values() Method in Java
- WeakHashMap values() Method in Java
- HashMap values() Method in Java
- Stream.of(T... values) in Java with examples
- Default array values in Java
- IdentityHashMap values() Method in Java
- TreeMap values() Method in Java
- Iterating over Enum Values in Java
- DayOfWeek values() method in Java with Examples
- Sorting a 2D Array according to values in any given column in Java
- SortedMap values() method in Java with Examples
- FormatStyle values() method in Java with Examples
- AbstractMap values() Method in Java with Examples
- SignStyle values() method in Java with Examples