An Information System is generally integrated and co-ordinate a network of components, which combine together to convert data into information. The information system provides access of information when it is required. The information system is a set of the component which generally helps a system.
Resources of Information System:
There are 5 resources of information system which are given below:
The system components which can physically touch – the system unit (tower, desktop, laptop), internal devices and peripheral devices (keyboards and monitors) – are called hardware and it is important to remember that basic definition: The hardware are the parts of the computer that are tangible and can be touched.
Peripheral devices are provided in many other ways, but think of them as hardware that surrounds the system unit. These peripherals devices may be connected by wired or wireless technology to the system unit. Generally peripherals devices communicate with the interior components of the system unit via installed software. The software itself is intangible and can’t be touched physically.
We know that, the hardware needs to know what to do, and that is the role of software. The software may be divided into two types: first system software and second application software. Primary piece of system software is the operating system, such as Windows or iOS, which manages the hardware’s operation. Application software is perform for specific tasks, such as handling a spreadsheet, creating a document, or designing a Web page.
The human element is the most important component of information system and the people that are needed to run the system and the procedures they follow so that the knowledge in the huge databases and data warehouses can be turned into learning that can interpret what has happened in the past and guide future action.
Data is one of the most important component which is generally store in form of information in a database system and a database is a place where data is collected and from which it can be retrieved by querying it using one or more specific criteria.All types of data store in warehouse without knowing whatever form that an organization needs. The databases and data warehouses have assumed even greater importance in information systems with the emergence of “big data, ” a term for the truly massive amounts of data that can be collected and analyzed.
The network is defined as a system in which more than the system is connected through a transmission media. It provides an interface to receive a piece of information or send an information. It is also one of the best resources in the information system.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Types Of Information System
- Components Of Information System
- Principal of Information System Security : History
- Principle of Information System Security
- What is Information Security?
- Active and Passive attacks in Information Security
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Threats to Information Security
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-1
- Risk Management for Information Security | Set-2
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) V1 & V2
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Information Security and Cyber Laws
- Digital Forensics in Information Security
- Need Of Information Security
- Message Digest in Information security
- Availability in Information Security
- Approaches to Information Security Implementation
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Vulnerabilities in Information Security
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.