Given a string and a substring, the task is to replace all occurrences of the substring with space. We also need to remove trailing and leading spaces created due to this.
Input: str = “LIELIEILIEAMLIECOOL”, sub = “LIE”
Output: I AM COOL
By replacing all occurrences of Sub in Str with empty spaces, we extract the secret message as I AM COOL.
Input: str = “XYZAXYZBXYZC”, sub = “XYZ”
By replacing all occurrences of Sub in Str with empty spaces, we extract the secret message as ABC.
- In the given string Str, replace all occurrences of Sub with empty spaces.
- Remove unwanted empty spaces in start and end of the string.
- Print the modified string.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
I AM COOL
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Replace all occurrences of string AB with C without using extra space
- Replace all occurrences of pi with 3.14 in a given string
- Replace all occurrences of character X with character Y in given string
- Recursive program to replace all occurrences of pi with 3.14 in a given string
- Program to replace every space in a string with hyphen
- In-place replace multiple occurrences of a pattern
- Remove all occurrences of a character in a string
- Number of permutations of a string in which all the occurrences of a given character occurs together
- Map every character of one string to another such that all occurrences are mapped to the same character
- Swap all occurrences of two characters to get lexicographically smallest string
- Remove all occurrences of a character in a string | Recursive approach
- Sum of all distances between occurrences of same characters in a given string
- Count occurrences of a string that can be constructed from another given string
- Replace all consonants with nearest vowels in a string
- Minimize cost to replace all the vowels of a given String by a single vowel
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 2 (Constant Extra Space)
- Group all occurrences of characters according to first appearance
- Check if all occurrences of a character appear together
- Minimize ASCII values sum after removing all occurrences of one character
- Minimum letters to be removed to make all occurrences of a given letter continuous
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.