Given a string and a substring, the task is to replace all occurrences of the substring with space. We also need to remove trailing and leading spaces created due to this.
Input: str = “LIELIEILIEAMLIECOOL”, sub = “LIE”
Output: I AM COOL
By replacing all occurrences of Sub in Str with empty spaces, we extract the secret message as I AM COOL.
Input: str = “XYZAXYZBXYZC”, sub = “XYZ”
By replacing all occurrences of Sub in Str with empty spaces, we extract the secret message as ABC.
- In the given string Str, replace all occurrences of Sub with empty spaces.
- Remove unwanted empty spaces in start and end of the string.
- Print the modified string.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
# Python3 implementation to extract
# the secret message
# Function to extract the secret message
def extractSecretMessage(Str, Sub):
# Replacing all occurrences of
# Sub in Str by empty spaces
Str= Str.replace(Sub, ” “)
# Removing unwanted spaces in the
# start and end of the string
# Driver code
Str = “LIELIEILIEAMLIECOOL”
Sub = “LIE”
# This code is contributed
# by ihritik
I AM COOL
- Replace all occurrences of string AB with C without using extra space
- Replace all occurrences of pi with 3.14 in a given string
- Recursive program to replace all occurrences of pi with 3.14 in a given string
- Program to replace every space in a string with hyphen
- In-place replace multiple occurrences of a pattern
- Count occurrences of a string that can be constructed from another given string
- Remove all occurrences of a character in a string
- Count occurrences of a word in string
- Count of occurrences of a "1(0+)1" pattern in a string
- Check if a binary string has two consecutive occurrences of one everywhere
- Rearrange a binary string as alternate x and y occurrences
- Count occurrences of a character in a repeated string
- Replace two substrings (of a string) with each other
- Replace a character c1 with c2 and c2 with c1 in a string S
- Number of permutations of a string in which all the occurrences of a given character occurs together
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.