Given a string and a substring, the task is to replace all occurrences of the substring with space. We also need to remove trailing and leading spaces created due to this.
Input: str = “LIELIEILIEAMLIECOOL”, sub = “LIE”
Output: I AM COOL
By replacing all occurrences of Sub in Str with empty spaces, we extract the secret message as I AM COOL.
Input: str = “XYZAXYZBXYZC”, sub = “XYZ”
By replacing all occurrences of Sub in Str with empty spaces, we extract the secret message as ABC.
- In the given string Str, replace all occurrences of Sub with empty spaces.
- Remove unwanted empty spaces in start and end of the string.
- Print the modified string.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
I AM COOL
- Replace all occurrences of string AB with C without using extra space
- Replace all occurrences of pi with 3.14 in a given string
- Recursive program to replace all occurrences of pi with 3.14 in a given string
- Program to replace every space in a string with hyphen
- In-place replace multiple occurrences of a pattern
- Count occurrences of a string that can be constructed from another given string
- Remove all occurrences of a character in a string
- Count of occurrences of a "1(0+)1" pattern in a string
- Count occurrences of a word in string
- Rearrange a binary string as alternate x and y occurrences
- Check if a binary string has two consecutive occurrences of one everywhere
- Count occurrences of a character in a repeated string
- Print the string by ignoring alternate occurrences of any character
- Number of permutations of a string in which all the occurrences of a given character occurs together
- Swap all occurrences of two characters to get lexicographically smallest string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.