Given a sorted linked list, delete all nodes that have duplicate numbers (all occurrences), leaving only numbers that appear once in the original list.
Input : 23->28->28->35->49->49->53->53 Output : 23->35 Input : 11->11->11->11->75->75 Output : empty List
Note that this is different from Remove Duplicates From Linked List
The idea is to maintain a pointer (prev) to the node which just previous to the block of nodes we are checking for duplicates. In the first example, the pointer prev would point to 23 while we check for duplicates for the node 28. Once we reach the last duplicate node with value 28 (name it current pointer), we can make the next field of prev node to be the next of current and update current=current.next. This would delete the block of nodes with value 28 which has duplicates.
List before removal of duplicates 23 28 28 35 49 49 53 53 List after removal of duplicates 23 35
Time Complexity : O(n)
This article is contributed by Saloni Baweja. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Check whether the length of given linked list is Even or Odd
- Remove every k-th node of the linked list
- Partitioning a linked list around a given value and If we don't care about making the elements of the list "stable"
- Top 20 Linked List Interview Question
- Move all occurrences of an element to end in a linked list
- Implementing Iterator pattern of a single Linked List
- Rotate a Linked List
- Detect and Remove Loop in a Linked List
- Merge Sort for Linked Lists
- Merge two sorted linked lists
- Pairwise swap elements of a given linked list
- Remove duplicates from an unsorted linked list
- Remove duplicates from a sorted linked list
- Function to check if a singly linked list is palindrome
- Program for n'th node from the end of a Linked List
Improved By : nik1996