Given a list of numbers, write a Python program to remove multiple elements from a list based on the given condition.
Input: [12, 15, 3, 10] Output: Remove = [12, 3], New_List = [15, 10] Input: [11, 5, 17, 18, 23, 50] Output: Remove = [1:5], New_list = [11, 50]
Multiple elements can be deleted from a list in Python, based on the knowledge we have about the data. Like, we just know the values to be deleted or also know the indexes of those values. Let’s see different examples based on different scenario.
Example #1: Let’s say we want to delete each element in the list which is divisible by 2 or all the even numbers.
New list after removing all even numbers: [11, 5, 17, 23]
Example #2: Using list comprehension
Removing all even elements in a list is as good as only including all the elements which are not even( i.e. odd elements).
11 5 17 23
Example #3: Remove adjacent elements using list slicing
Below Python code remove values from index 1 to 4.
Example #4: Using list comprehension
Let’s say the elements to be deleted is known, instead of the indexes of those elements. In this case, we can directly eliminate those elements without caring about indexes which we will see in next example.
New list after removing unwanted numbers: [17, 18, 23, 50]
Example #5: When index of elements is known.
Though indexes of elements in known, deleting the elements randomly will change the values of indexes. Hence, it is always recommended to delete the largest indices first. Using this strategy, index of smaller values will not be changed. We can sort the list in reverse order and delete the elements of list in descending order.
5 17 50
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Ways to remove multiple empty spaces from string List
- Python | Remove multiple keys from dictionary
- Python | Remove all values from a list present in other list
- Python - Remove empty List from List
- Python | Remove last K elements of list
- Python | Remove unordered duplicate elements from a list
- Python | Remove trailing empty elements from given list
- Python | Remove elements of list that are repeated less than k times
- Python | Remove List elements containing given String character
- Python - Remove Negative Elements in List
- Python - Remove elements at Indices in List
- Python Program to remove elements that are less than K difference away in a list
- Python | Convert a list of multiple integers into a single integer
- Python | Add similar value multiple times in list
- Python | Assign multiple variables with list values
- Python | Convert string list into multiple cases
- Python - Elements frequency count in multiple lists
- Locating multiple elements in Selenium Python
- Python - Filter rows with Elements as Multiple of K
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.