Regex is the short form for “Regular expression”, which is often used in this way in programming languages and many different libraries. It is supported in C++11 onward compilers.
regex_match() -This function return true if the regular expression is a match against the given string otherwise it returns false.
String 'a' matches regular expression 'b' String 'a' matches with regular expression 'b' in the range from 0 to string end
regex_search() – This function is used to search for a pattern matching the regular expression
regex_replace() This function is used to replace the pattern matching to the regular expression with a string.
I am looking for geek I am looking for geek
So Regex operations make use of following parameters :-
- Target sequence (subject) – The string to be matched.
- Regular Expression (Pattern) – The regular expression for the target sequence.
- Matched Array – The information about matches is stored in a special match_result array.
- Replacement String – These string are used for allowing replacement of the matches.
This article is contributed by Abhinav Tiwari . If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- smatch | Regex (Regular Expressions) in C++
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 2 (Regular Expression Approach)
- Remove duplicate words from Sentence using Regular Expression
- Find all the patterns of "1(0+)1" in a given string | SET 2(Regular Expression Approach)
- Check if a given string is a valid number (Integer or Floating Point) in Java | SET 2 (Regular Expression approach)
- <regex> library in C++ STL
- Get the first letter of each word in a string using regex in Java
- Program to find all match of a regex in a string
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Regex in Python to put spaces between words starting with capital letters
- Lambda expression in C++
- Balanced expression with replacement
- Expression contains redundant bracket or not
- Check if expression contains redundant bracket or not | Set 2