Rebel Foods Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
Rebel Foods visited our campus in August 2021 for the role of Software Development Engineer(Backend). The selection process consisted of 4 rounds which include 1 online test and 3 interview rounds.
Every Round is an elimination Round.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1:This was an MCQ round conducted on the AON Assessment Platform with 45 questions and for 60 minutes.
- Computer Science(OS, OOPs, DBMS, SQL, Computer Networks) 30 questions.
- Aptitude(Common aptitude and math questions) 15 questions.
- Around 55 students got selected after this round.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The interviewer at first divided the whole interview into 4 sections total of 1 hr.
- Introduction 5 mins.
- Project discussion and CS fundamentals 20 mins.
- DS Algo and SQL 30 mins.
- Q&A session 5 mins.
- The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and to explain one of my projects in detail.
- Why you are still using C++ as java is more secure and advanced (As I said C++ is my language preference).
- Access specifiers
- What are C++ headers and why do we use them.
- I didn’t remember much as I went through 3 diff company interviews on the same day.
- He Moved to DS Algo
- He asked me about string pattern searching algorithms. I said KMP algorithm as I read it the day before the interview and I explained it very well.
- He asked me about my favorite Data structure I answered with Linked List as the Domain of Linked List is very less.
- Detect Loop in a linked List?
- Find the loop creating node and remove the loop?
- I explained it very well he didn’t ask for the code.
- After that, he asked for any questions . As most queries have been answered in PPT I said No.
- The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and to explain Internship projects in detail as I did 6 months Intern at CRIS. Then he asked me.
- Find whether a number is a prime number or not?
- At first, I answered with a basic approach and later optimized it to sqrt(n). And he asked for Logic behind this algorithm why only sqrt(n) why not anything else.
- Database Design for Super Market (Must be normalized).
- He gave some key attributes that must include in the database like order_data, customer data_price, etc.
- I answered with a normalized database well structured he asked some counter questions while I am designing But at Last he was impressed with my Design
- Rubix Cube Puzzle
- How many inner smaller cubes are not visible in a n*n cube.
- At first, he asked me to answer for 8*8 I calculated manually and answered but he asked for a generalized equation and gave some hints.
- Then I answered with an equation but my equation looks big. But he gave me another hint think in it cubes. then I answered n^3-(n-2)^3;
Round 4: HR Round:
- The interviewer was very friendly he was just joined 4 months back.
- He asked for my complete profile in detail.
- Then moved to Project in detail and some counter questions like how it is useful to whom it is useful.
- Some common HR Questions why rebel, Where u see urself in the next 3 yrs?
- He asked me to take the amazon app and asked me what is the 1 thing that I wanted to change in this app.
- I think for a minute and answered with a review system that is not verified but it must verify reviews there should be no false reviews.
- At last, he explained to me the current ongoing projects and how rebel works.
- Both the interviewers were very supportive and friendly. They were fine if I couldn’t answer a few questions. They were only concerned with problem-solving abilities and the ability to learn.
The result came the next day, Around 10 people were selected and I was one of them.