Rebel Foods Interview Experience for SDE (On-Campus)
Rebel Foods visited our campus in August 2021 for the role of Software Development Engineer(Backend). The selection process consisted of 4 rounds which include 1 online test and 3 interview rounds.
Every Round is an elimination Round.
Round 1:This was an MCQ round conducted on the AON Assessment Platform with 45 questions and for 60 minutes.
- Computer Science(OS, OOPs, DBMS, SQL, Computer Networks) 30 questions.
- Aptitude(Common aptitude and math questions) 15 questions.
- Around 55 students got selected after this round.
Round 2: Technical Interview
The interviewer at first divided the whole interview into 4 sections total of 1 hr.
- Introduction 5 mins.
- Project discussion and CS fundamentals 20 mins.
- DS Algo and SQL 30 mins.
- Q&A session 5 mins.
- The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and to explain one of my projects in detail.
- Why you are still using C++ as java is more secure and advanced (As I said C++ is my language preference).
- Access specifiers
- What are C++ headers and why do we use them.
- I didn’t remember much as I went through 3 diff company interviews on the same day.
- He Moved to DS Algo
- He asked me about string pattern searching algorithms. I said KMP algorithm as I read it the day before the interview and I explained it very well.
- He asked me about my favorite Data structure I answered with Linked List as the Domain of Linked List is very less.
- Detect Loop in a linked List?
- Find the loop creating node and remove the loop?
- I explained it very well he didn’t ask for the code.
- After that, he asked for any questions . As most queries have been answered in PPT I said No.
- The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and to explain Internship projects in detail as I did 6 months Intern at CRIS. Then he asked me.
- Find whether a number is a prime number or not?
- At first, I answered with a basic approach and later optimized it to sqrt(n). And he asked for Logic behind this algorithm why only sqrt(n) why not anything else.
- Database Design for Super Market (Must be normalized).
- He gave some key attributes that must include in the database like order_data, customer data_price, etc.
- I answered with a normalized database well structured he asked some counter questions while I am designing But at Last he was impressed with my Design
- Rubix Cube Puzzle
- How many inner smaller cubes are not visible in a n*n cube.
- At first, he asked me to answer for 8*8 I calculated manually and answered but he asked for a generalized equation and gave some hints.
- Then I answered with an equation but my equation looks big. But he gave me another hint think in it cubes. then I answered n^3-(n-2)^3;
Round 4: HR Round:
- The interviewer was very friendly he was just joined 4 months back.
- He asked for my complete profile in detail.
- Then moved to Project in detail and some counter questions like how it is useful to whom it is useful.
- Some common HR Questions why rebel, Where u see urself in the next 3 yrs?
- He asked me to take the amazon app and asked me what is the 1 thing that I wanted to change in this app.
- I think for a minute and answered with a review system that is not verified but it must verify reviews there should be no false reviews.
- At last, he explained to me the current ongoing projects and how rebel works.
- Both the interviewers were very supportive and friendly. They were fine if I couldn’t answer a few questions. They were only concerned with problem-solving abilities and the ability to learn.
The result came the next day, Around 10 people were selected and I was one of them.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...