Rebel Foods Interview Experience for Backend SDE-I | On-Campus
Rebel Foods On-Campus Placement Experience for the role of Software Development Engineer (Backend SDE-I)
Round 1(MCQ Test – 60 min): It consists of 15 (Verbal + Logical) +30 (DSA + Core Subjects + Programming Language) MCQs.
Suggestion: I would suggest doing practice from sites like GeeksforGeeks, Indiabix, etc. as it will give the confidence to solve problems.
Round 2(Technical Interview 1 – 60 min):
- Introduce yourself.
- Given an unsorted array with duplicate elements. You have to remove the duplicate elements without using a built-in data structure(Java Collection Framework or C++ STL Library). The interviewer mentioned that you can use the data structure that you can build on your own like Array, LinkedList, etc. Only the approach was asked not code. https://afteracademy.com/blog/remove-duplicates-from-an-unsorted-array
- Write an SQL query that prints city names along with the number of citizens in it. The scenario was something like that two tables are given, the city names were in one table and no of citizens were in another table and there is a common attribute in both the tables(foreign key concept).
- What are Convex and Concave Polygon?https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/types-of-polygons/
- Count the number of leaf nodes in a Binary Tree. Only the approach was asked not code.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/write-a-c-program-to-get-count-of-leaf-nodes-in-a-binary-tree/
- Puzzle: Given two hourglasses of 4 minutes and 7 minutes, the task is to measure 9 minutes.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-27-hourglasses-puzzle/
- Given a set of integers, and a value sum, determine the number of subsets of the given set with a sum equal to a given sum(Subset Sum Problem). Only the approach was asked not code.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/subset-sum-problem-dp-25/
- You have to start a company similar to Rebel Foods and along with that, you have to launch an App like Swiggy and Zomato in the market. Two types of UI’s(User Interface) are considered for the app, one is Rich UI and another is Minimal UI.
Rich UI: It consists of unique images and videos for all similar types of products. AddOns are automatically suggested in this UI and based on that you add up things in your order like ketchup, sausages, etc.
Minimal UI: It consists of similar images and videos for all similar types of products.
- AddOns are not automatically suggested in this UI, you have to add up things on your own, and based on that you add up things in your order like ketchup, sausages, etc.
- Which UI will be better for your App even though it is mentioned that development time and App loading time and cost measures will be high for Rich UI?
The first round of interview was over with this. He asked if I had any further questions.
Suggestion: The interviewer suggested that whenever you mention a publication in your resume, you should include the link as well.
Tips: While introducing yourself use sir/ma’am in some of the sentences so that they respond. The benefit from this will be it will look like a conversation instead of a paragraph.
Round 3(Technical Interview 2 – 50 min): Tell me about the 1st Technical Interview and how it went?
- Introduce yourself.
- Given two strings, you have to write a function that returns a boolean value that returns true if two strings are Anagrams and return false if they are not Anagrams. Two parameters have been passed to the function i.e String 1 and String 2. He told me to write down the function in the Notepad and present my screen while writing the code. (He mentioned that Brute Force Approach is also allowed).https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/check-whether-two-strings-are-anagram-of-each-other/
- If we initialize a null value to a String reference variable then what length() of the String class will return and why?
- Exceptions are handled by using what mechanism?
- What is Indexing?https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/indexing-in-databases-set-1/
- Indexing is not preferred in which scenario?https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=411735&seqNum=129
The second round of interview was over with this. He asked if I had any further questions.
Tips: While answering the problems, try to make it look like a conversation or interaction with the interviewer.
Round 4: HR Interview 1 (15 min)
- Introduce yourself and what are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me something about Rebel Foods’s Business Model?
- Why do you want to join Rebel Foods?
- Have you experienced any failure in life? If yes tell me about the scenario.
- How many family members do you have and what do they do?
- Before this company do you have applied to any organization or startups? If yes what happened there and why?
The HR round of interview was over with this. She asked if I had any further questions.
Tips: Know yourself before any interview. Be calm, real & answer politely.
On the very next day, results were out and I was one of the selected candidates.