The query parameter is the variable whose value is passed in the URL in the form of key-value pair at the end of the URL after a question mark (?). For example, www.geeksforgeeks.org?name=abc where, ‘name’ is the key of query parameter whose value is ‘abc’.
We just create a folder and add a file as index.js. To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have installed ‘view engine’ like I have used ‘ejs’ and install express module using the following commands:
npm install express npm install ejs
- Run index.js file using below command:
- Open browser and type this URL “http://localhost:3000/user?name=raj&age=20” as shown below:
- Go back to console and you can see the Query parameters key, value as shown below:
So this is how you can read Query parameters in Node.js.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.