Reading Path Parameters in Node.js
The path parameter is a variable that allows the user to add a parameter in his resource point (API endpoint) whose value can be changed. Path parameters offer a unique opportunity for the user to control the representations of resources.
Just create a folder and add a file for example index.js, To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have installed ‘view engine’ like I have used ‘ejs’ and install express module using the following commands:
npm install express npm install ejs
- Run index.js file using below command:
- Open browser and type this URL “http://localhost:3000/user/1234/1/10” as shown below:
- Go back to console and you can see the path parameter value as shown below:
So this is how you can use the path parameter in Node.js which offers a unique opportunity for the user to control the representations of resources.