Using xlrd module, one can retrieve information from a spreadsheet. For example, reading, writing or modifying the data can be done in Python. Also, user might have to go through various sheets and retrieve data based on some criteria or modify some rows and columns and do a lot of work.
xlrd module is used to extract data from a spreadsheet.
Command to install
xlrd module :
pip install xlrd
Input File :
Code #1 :
Code #2 : Extract number of rows
Code #3 : Extract number of columns
Code #4 : Extracting all columns name
NAME SEMESTER ROLL NO
Code #5 : Extract first column
NAME ALEX CLAY JUSTIN
Code #6 : Extract a particular row value
['ALEX', 4.0, 2011272.0]]
- Python | Reading an excel file using openpyxl module
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- Python | Writing to an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python | Arithmetic operations in excel file using openpyxl
- Python | Adjusting rows and columns of an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python | Trigonometric operations in excel file using openpyxl
- Python | Create and write on excel file using xlsxwriter module
- How to import an excel file into Python using Pandas?
- How to extract Time data from an Excel file column using Pandas?
- How to extract Email column from Excel file and find out the type of mail using Pandas?
- How to import excel file and find a specific column using Pandas?
- How to extract date from Excel file using Pandas?
- Find the sum and maximum value of the two column in excel file using Pandas
- Python | Excel File Comparison
- Python | Split given list and insert in excel file
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- How to skip rows while reading csv file using Pandas?
- Exporting a Pandas DataFrame to an Excel file
- Python - Reading last N lines of a file
- Reading and Writing JSON to a File in Python
Improved By : Kailaskm1