ReactJS Evergreen Toaster Component
React Evergreen is a popular front-end library with a set of React components for building beautiful products as this library is flexible, sensible defaults, and User friendly. Toaster Component allows the user to show an ephemeral message as an overlay. We can use the following approach in ReactJS to use the Evergreen Toaster Component.
- zIndex: It is used to denote the z-index of the toast.
- duration: It is used to denote the duration of the toast.
- onRemove: It is a callback function that is triggered when the toast is all the way closed.
- intent: It is used to denote the type of alert.
- title: It is used to denote the title of the alert.
- children: It is used to define the description of the alert.
- hasCloseButton: It is used to show a close icon button inside the toast when this is set to true.
- isShown: It is used to close the Toast and call onRemove when finished then this is set to false.
- bindNotify: It is a function that is triggered with the this.notify function.
- bindRemove: It is a function that is triggered with the this.remove function.
- bindGetToasts: It is a function that is triggered with the this.getToasts function.
- bindCloseAll: It is a function that is triggered with the this.closeAll function.
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command:
npx create-react-app foldername
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. foldername, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: After creating the ReactJS application, Install the required module using the following command:
npm install evergreen-ui
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Example: Now write down the following code in the App.js file. Here, App is our default component where we have written our code.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output: